Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Needless to say, you'll not be signing up on the day of the event
    More like: Needless to say, you'll not be signing up 2 minutes and 30 seconds after registration opens...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      More like: Needless to say, you'll not be signing up 2 minutes and 30 seconds after registration opens...

I heard that registration for the BSF 2011 will be awarded to the winners of a new TV reality show called the "Lazy Race". The show will feature teams of DG'rs competing each week. The winning team each week will be granted immediate entry into the BSF 2011. The twist is that the teams must consume large quantities of alcohol and other refreshments prior to each round of golf. Hmmm....... that sounds familiar.
      It could work.
      Training to be a bagger

Comment

could do it by divisions. grandmaster and above at 6am, masters at 7am, women at 8am, ams at 6pm, pros at 7pm heh. or mega lottery? $20, turn that ball, draw 160 names? heh oh boy... i see why flash retired at such a young age...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

Needless to say, you'll not be signing up on the day of the event

how many "Golden Tickets" this year?
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Secret, secret...I got a secret!

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            could do it by divisions. grandmaster and above at 6am, masters at 7am, women at 8am, ams at 6pm, pros at 7pm heh. or mega lottery? $20, turn that ball, draw 160 names? heh oh boy... i see why flash retired at such a young age...
            I don' think it will be done by divisions...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I have an unsolicited suggestion...lets give registration priority to those who volunteered last year.

As you may have guessed, I volunteered last year!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                I have an unsolicited suggestion...lets give registration priority to those who volunteered last year.

As you may have guessed, I volunteered last year!
                So how was the party?

Comment

Ok, to make it fair for AMS in the BSF, I think there should be a priority to those that did not get in last year. I was on the waiting list and did not get in. There should also be a priority for those who finished well last year.

To recap there should be a lot of slots that are set aside for certain individuals. If you decide to not hold spots for players on the wait list there should be a qualification for the spots. To have the people with the best internet connection be the ones to get it is just wrong, and I hope is not repeated.
                  www.soulpancake.com
                  www.bahai.org
                  http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                    Ok, to make it fair for AMS in the BSF, I think there should be a priority to those that did not get in last year. I was on the waiting list and did not get in. There should also be a priority for those who finished well last year.

To recap there should be a lot of slots that are set aside for certain individuals. If you decide to not hold spots for players on the wait list there should be a qualification for the spots. To have the people with the best internet connection be the ones to get it is just wrong, and I hope is not repeated.
                    I like that Idea.
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                      To have the people with the best internet connection be the ones to get it is just wrong, and I hope is not repeated.
                      I see no difference in the above statement and the following:

To have the people with internet connections be the ones to get it is just wrong.
                      Read this ^

Comment

Since I am not running it this year or playing in it this year (2011) I figure I can stir the pot. My qualifications are: I worked on the BSF team or was a TD for the event since 2005 so here goes.

It should be an Advanced only event again for the Amateur side of the coin. Separate registration times to prevent people from jumping ship to get to the am side of the event. Pro registration first then amateur. Must have unregistered from the pro side 48 hours before the am side opens. 160 Pro spots and 144 Am spots. Max 72 MA1's due to the 3 round two day format for the A-Tier.

Am Guidelines for registration should be:
                        1. A current PDGA member at time of sign up
                        2. Registration by Player rating broken down into 4 brackets for MA1
                        2.a Bracket 1 955 and above first day
                        2.b Bracket 2 945 and above starting day 2
                        2.c Bracket 3 935 and above starting day 3
                        2.d Bracket 4 all others starting day 4
                        3. Must have played in a B tier or higher event in your disc golf career.
                        4. Divisional numbers reserved for the first 4 days, based on historical registration numbers. After the 4 days it is a free for all to fill any remaining spots
                        5. Minimum of 4 golfers to make a division

Pro Guidelines for registration should be:
                        1. 2010 BSF winners and 2011 NT winners
                        2. Must be a current PDGA member at time of sign-up
                        3. Must have taken the rules test before signing up
                        4. Registration by Player rating broken down into 4 brackets for MPO
                        4.a Bracket 1 1000 and above first day
                        4.b Bracket 2 985 and above starting day 2
                        4.c Bracket 3 960 and above starting day 3
                        4.d Bracket 4 all others starting day 4
                        5. Divisional spots reserved for the first 4 days, based on historical registration numbers. After the 4 days it is a free for all to fill any remaining spots
                        6. Minimum of 4 golfers to make a division

OK I am outta here!
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

As a low rated advanced player that has played this event several times, I completely disagree with Flash from an emotional stand point.
                          As a logical human, I understand why he is suggesting using PDGA ratings to determine the order for registration.
                          Do any other Elite events use or will use this design for their registration order?
                          Training to be a bagger

Comment

I agree with smobro...emotionally I'd like to play but from a logical point of view I'm OK with accepting something like Flash recommends. It may be that this event is rising up out of the reach of more casual players (like myself) and that's OK if it means good things for one of my favorite hobbies.

One other thought...I'd be willing to play something less formal during the week either before or after the big event. Nice to see how amazing the pros are when compared with my own game :-)

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                              As a low rated advanced player that has played this event several times, I completely disagree with Flash from an emotional stand point.
                              As a logical human, I understand why he is suggesting using PDGA ratings to determine the order for registration.
                              Do any other Elite events use or will use this design for their registration order?

i do not think any other events use anything like what Flash has suggested i have been proven wrong on here before....

but i also do not believe that there is another event in the country that sells out like this either

i have missed the last couple of years while still volunteering is real cool, i am thinking about taking a shot at all the "young old farts" .... 1 last time

Comment

Guys,

I understand your frustration but I only said rating bracketing for MA1 and MPO not MM1 or MS1 or any other advanced division. I see you read my post with emotion not logic. I wrote it from a logical point of view. The largest demands on the event are clearly in MA1 and MPO
                                PDGA #25296
                                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X