Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope. Some technical issues with division codes and the new TD template delayed the PDGA office getting the files to the Ratings team by 5 days. Then, Roger had the flu along with his Internet service going on the fritz. Multiple issues all struck this time. We just got the first draft a few minutes ago. If it passes thru the routine error checking process, there's a decent chance it will get posted by Thursday. If Roger has to run another pass, then it will likely be Monday.

Comment

• Anybody else see the Auburn Ice Bowl? I was thinking that would be in this update.
      www.rewindb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
        Anybody else see the Auburn Ice Bowl? I was thinking that would be in this update.

CMC, the 03/20 ratings update has been delayed as mentioned above.
        My understanding is that the submission deadline for this update was 03/06.

Comment

• Thanks. I was just saying that I now see 2012 in my player stats and the only tourney in there is one I played in February. The Icebowl I played was in January so I just figured it would have shown up first. The PDGA site has been very squirrely lately so it's not a surprise. Who knows they might all show up after the update.
          www.rewindb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
            Nope. Some technical issues with division codes and the new TD template delayed the PDGA office getting the files to the Ratings team by 5 days. Then, Roger had the flu along with his Internet service going on the fritz. Multiple issues all struck this time. We just got the first draft a few minutes ago. If it passes thru the routine error checking process, there's a decent chance it will get posted by Thursday. If Roger has to run another pass, then it will likely be Monday.
            Chuck does the PDGA publish a list of projected dates for all updates in the calendar year on their website. I looked in the usual places on the website but did not find a list. I was able to find most of the individual notices from last year.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

• The list of update dates is always in the "When are Ratings Updated" FAQ under the FAQ menu link on the PDGA home page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                The list of update dates is always in the "When are Ratings Updated" FAQ under the FAQ menu link on the PDGA home page.
                Ratings are now updated at least 8 times per year. Additional minor updates may be added when special corrections or adjustments are needed. For 2012, ratings are scheduled to be updated on March 20th, May 15th, July 3rd, August 14th, September 18th, October 16th, November 20th and December 18th with the 2012 yearend update on January 22nd, 2013.

Due to a Ratings Committee illness, the Ratings Update originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 20th will be delayed. Currently we expect the update to be available by Tuesday, March 27th at the latest, and will do our best to publish sooner if at all possible. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Looks like the ratings have been updated. I managed to go up 3.

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

• The Memorial helped me out a bit...pulled out of an almost year-long slump to move up 6 pts. My 1014 rated last round at The Memorial had a little bit to do with it!
                    Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

• I was looking over the BSF players list, and I notice that some players' ratings are in bold. At first, I thought it means any change since the last update because mine hasn't changed yet as I haven't played in 2012 tournaments yet. Any idea why?
                      PDGA 38506
                      ODDGA 27
                      DDGA 176
                      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichola View Post
                        I was looking over the BSF players list, and I notice that some players' ratings are in bold. At first, I thought it means any change since the last update because mine hasn't changed yet as I haven't played in 2012 tournaments yet. Any idea why?
                        If you hover over those bold ratings with your mouse a popup comes up that says propagator, so it probably has to do with how the round ratings are calculated. Either the ratings is too low or they do not have enough rated rounds to be a propagator.

I am not exactly clear on how this is implemented, but it looks like they are making some subtle changes to the ratings system.

PS I am far from an official voice on this. My statements are only from observation and deduction on my part. Don't bet the farm on my words...
                        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichola View Post
                          I was looking over the BSF players list, and I notice that some players' ratings are in bold. At first, I thought it means any change since the last update because mine hasn't changed yet as I haven't played in 2012 tournaments yet. Any idea why?
                          I think it signifies they have a rating over 800, and qualify as propagators.
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

• Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                            I think it signifies they have a rating over 800, and qualify as propagators.
                            But not all >800 ratings are bold...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• I believe it is the new way of showing whether or not someone is a propagator. If its bold they are a propagator. I was wondering myself and I just figured it out.

Comment

• via pdga

A propagator is a current member whose rating is over 799 and is based on at least 8 rounds

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X