X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Throws

I am pretty familiar with practice throws and the appropriate penalties involved, but a scenario came up during a casual round that made me wonder how it should be called during a sanctioned PDGA event.

The situation was: a player, while tapping out, held his putter in the air, threw another putter at it, and both went into the chains. This isn't my question, just the setup.

The question is: is a player throws two discs simultaneously, which is the real throw and which is the practice throw? What if a player takes a pancake stack o' discs and dumps them all into the basket while tapping out? What if one of those discs didn't make it into the basket- would that be the player's official throw? What if only one fell in the bucket, would that one be the official throw and the rest practice throws?

Now that I am trying to explain this question to a keyboard it sounds even stupider than it did on the course.

What would be the best ruling on a player throwing multiple discs simultaneously, say during a temper-tantrum?
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

said player has to play the next hole without pants...
    educate your thinking

Comment

i was thinking the same thing only they would be flogged as well
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Yep that's a pants penalty.

Comment

Who says playing without pants is a penalty?
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Who says playing without pants is a penalty?
            The other competitors maybe...
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Blackberries, poison oak and nettles are enough to make me keep my pants on.

Comment

An interesting way to view this would be to apply the Interference rule 803.07A: "A thrown disc that is intentionally deflected or was caught and moved shall be marked as close as possible to the point of contact, as determined by a majority of the group or an official."
                In which case, the two or more discs first touched outside of or at least not in the basket so you tell the player to mark the lie on the ground below the first contact point and try again with his score now one higher than before.

Comment

I'm picturing that horrible pants commercial with all the guys in tighty whiteys... except now they're carrying discs...
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=nys0i_FRj...e=mfu_in_order
                  Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; October 13th, 2010, 02:23 PM.
                  Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X