Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do you play?

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    Well, THAT was depressing. Lowest rating I've had in 4 years. Time to take a step back from the whole tourney thing, I fear.
    So, your rating goes down and you fear it's time to step back from the tourney thing?
    You're joking right?
    If not, I don't understand.
    What ever happened to LOVE of the GAME?
    I think that your faith towards the 'ratings' has fogged up your spectacles.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      So, your rating goes down and you fear it's time to step back from the tourney thing?
      You're joking right?
      If not, I don't understand.
      What ever happened to LOVE of the GAME?
      I think that your faith towards the 'ratings' has fogged up your spectacles.
      Some people find more "Love of the Game" outside of tournaments. Actually, I'd say that applies to the overwhelming majority of discers.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        I can't remember-

If you aren't a current member but play in a tournament (with the 10 dollar temporary member fee) do those rounds factor into your rating once you finally renew, or are they lost to the statistics heap for good?
        It's perfectly simple. If you're not getting your hair cut, you don't have to move your brother's clothes down to the lower peg. You simply collect his note before lunch, after you've done your scripture prep, when you've written your letter home, before rest, move your own clothes onto the lower peg, greet the visitors, and report to Mr. Viney that you've had your chit signed.
        Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: emphasizing the emphases
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by citizens arrest View Post
          Finally hit 950 almost went up enough to validate my pro am divison. I guess after all the negative input about me playing in mm1 I have no choice but to leave the game as a tourney player, I have had a great time playing in all the tournaments over the past 6yrs and have made some great friends, thanks for all the great memories, and I hope to see you all on a course sometime. Happy trails!
          Really? Negative input? You won the last tournament you were in by 17 strokes. You have more than 50 trophies in the MM1 division - WAY more than anyone else. You have more third place trophies in the MM1 division than anyone else has total trophies. There was a spreadsheet made just for you to track this! Your nickname for years has been Sandy Bagger. And now you complain about negative input, Jeff?

Either embrace it and tell those of us with sour grapes to stuff it or move up. To stop playing tournaments over this seems kind of silly to me...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sounds like being a big fish in a small pond becomes a way of life, hard relinquished. The 'sure thing' is addictive.

Comment

As the disc golf world turns. This show brought you by NWDISCGOLFNEWS.COM THE PLACE TO HEAR ALL THE DRAMA
              PDGA # 31451
              2 Mini Aces
              74 Aces
              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
              DISC GOLF OR DIE
              BOB CABAL
              DISCVANGO
              JEFF ELLIOT
              G-MAN
              JORDAN LEWIS
              JEFF HAGERTY
              JAMES GARCELON
              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Ok I am going to come clean. I was just pulling a Chris graham I am not going anywhere, I am going down as the biggest bagger of all time. This sport is a activity for me, and playing the tourneys is the time I get to hang out with all my buddies. I am waiting for more of you guys to hit the half century so we can make a division with more than five people. So look out Sam I am coming after you

Comment

Glorious.
                  See you in Eugene.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ok I am going to come clean. I was just pulling a Chris graham I am not going anywhere, I am going down as the biggest bagger of all time. This sport is a activity for me, and playing the tourneys is the time I get to hang out with all my buddies. I am waiting for more of you guys to hit the half century so we can make a division with more than five people. So look out Sam I am coming after you
                    I kinda wish i was 50 So I could play tourneys with you guys. Hope your still in shape when i hit the 50 mark.
                    According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

Originally posted by Will of Doom View Post
                      I kinda wish i was 50 So I could play tourneys with you guys. Hope your still in shape when i hit the 50 mark.
                      By the time you're 50 they will be Legends.

Comment

Or dead

Comment

Jeff, there are 11 Advanced Grandmasters signed up for Eugene. You are always welcome to come get beat up by us old guys any time. No more baggin' move up old man!

Bob

Comment

Wouldn't that be playing down?

Comment

Older, Budweiser.

Comment

It would be moving over.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X