• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good idea!!!

Comment

If the non's are really 20% of the total

So I guess the real question is

How does the pDGA retain the members who become disenfranchised?
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        How does the pDGA retain the members who become disenfranchised?
        Our membership numbers have been analyzed on many occasions and our organization retains it's members on par or better than most other similar organizations. We have continued to see a growth rate in new memberships of 5 to 10% year after year. The problem is not with retaining members, but in getting members that don't play competitive disc golf. With the reorganization that I and others have proposed, we would have one umbrella organization that governs the sport in general and then smaller, separate, affiliated organizations that govern the competition side for the ams, pros, and the different international regions.
        Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
          Our membership numbers have been analyzed on many occasions and our organization retains it's members on par or better than most other similar organizations. We have continued to see a growth rate in new memberships of 5 to 10% year after year. The problem is not with retaining members, but in getting members that don't play competitive disc golf. With the reorganization that I and others have proposed, we would have one umbrella organization that governs the sport in general and then smaller, separate, affiliated organizations that govern the competition side for the ams, pros, and the different international regions.
          Quick question for you Todd. It seems that the rules that limit the number of PDGA sanctioned tournaments that happen in a given number of miles from each other are rules that were made years ago to make sure that there were enough players to fill said events. Now that we are growing so much, will these rules change? Reason I ask is that there were several events that people would have liked to have here, but because of the distance rules we could not hold them, or list them as sanctioned events. Now that Disc Golf is getting so popular, it seems that these rules should reflect the growth.
          Thanks

Comment

Excellent question, Bob. I have been wondering about this, myself. I believe that it is the State Coordinator's responsibility to enforce this so if you just slip Dion a few bucks now and again, I am betting you'll get priority scheduling.

Wait... that might not be kosher. Scrap that last part.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The distance guidelines have been reduced steadily over the past several years. Events can be closer if the TD who sanctioned first agrees to allow the other event to happen. It's only 25 miles minimum now between C-tiers or closer if the TDs agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                The distance guidelines have been reduced steadily over the past several years. Events can be closer if the TD who sanctioned first agrees to allow the other event to happen. It's only 25 miles minimum now between C-tiers or closer if the TDs agree.
                Yah, what he said.
                Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

With 145 events listed on the tour page for the month of Sept, 2010, I think that the TD's and volenteers that help these events happen are growing the sport just fine.
                  IMHO, I still feel that $75 for an acational playing pro master ,PDGA dues, are to high. There should be a "touring" pro price(8 or more anticipated events played $75) and a "playing pro" price (1-7 events played $50 )

Comment

I wouldn't mind a TD rate either, like $25 a year or something. That's pretty much the only reason I renewed this year, and the magazine hasn't made it worth it.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member.

Last edited by Ol' Bob; September 6th, 2010, 09:39 AM.
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Oh no, there may be a God and he finally did something I can be thankful for.
                        I will now be renewing yearly.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X