How will Oregons State Coordinator Choose USDGC Rep Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How will Oregons State Coordinator Choose USDGC Rep

    Since reading the thread by Magilla on choosing Jeff Hagerty as this years Oregon Rep to the USDGC I was wondering how our candidates for State Coordinator might handle this in the future. I like the way Magilla has handled it but wondering how or if it will change?

    Dion?
    Rebecca?

    Just wondering!

    Thanks,
    Bob

  • #2
    Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Since reading the thread by Magilla on choosing Jeff Hagerty as this years Oregon Rep to the USDGC I was wondering how our candidates for State Coordinator might handle this in the future. I like the way Magilla has handled it but wondering how or if it will change?

    Dion?
    Rebecca?

    Just wondering!

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Already have your bags packed for next year, Bob?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Already have your bags packed for next year, Bob?
      Darn Hagerty beat me out this year, AGAIN! Dang it!

      Just wondering is all, as it seems it was a matter of discussion in the past. Basically stirring the pot as usual.

      Bob

      Comment


      • #4
        Really Bob... this is how you do it in the future.... criteria is listed below...
        1. must have played with rebecca in random doubles and let her cash at least 4 putts from 25+ feet.
        2. donate $200+ to Dion's trip to USDGC
        3. Attend a tournament directed by Rebecca and win your division
        Do that and you're golden... wait, I've done that.... yessss....
        wait... must be registered as a pro? hmmmmm... disability pass apply?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          Really Bob... this is how you do it in the future.... criteria is listed below...
          1. must have played with rebecca in random doubles and let her cash at least 4 putts from 25+ feet.
          2. donate $200+ to Dion's trip to USDGC
          3. Attend a tournament directed by Rebecca and win your division
          Do that and you're golden... wait, I've done that.... yessss....
          wait... must be registered as a pro? hmmmmm... disability pass apply?
          Or Senior Discount?

          Bob

          Comment


          • #6
            I would most likely hold a one day tournament where the winner gets the spot. This helps resolve two of the possible problems - sending a qualified professional player, and help raising funds for the traveling player.

            I do also like the essay idea. My basic philosophy regarding the USDGC is send the best player available. However, I would also like to send the most deserving player as well, and that opens the field up to a variety of people and skills.

            The choice belongs to the coordinator, and is one of the perks of holding that position. Magilla never sent himself and I respect that, however, I would have no qualms if he had in fact sent himself. He is a good player, contributor of the sport, and would thoroughly enjoy himself there. Lord knows I would be tempted to send myself if I were to fail in qualifying through my performances at big events.

            Magilla said he'd beat me up though if I sent myself

            Luckily I am a third degree black belt...
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
              The choice belongs to the coordinator, and is one of the perks of holding that position. Magilla never sent himself and I respect that, however, I would have no qualms if he had in fact sent himself. He is a good player, contributor of the sport, and would thoroughly enjoy himself there. Lord knows I would be tempted to send myself if I were to fail in qualifying through my performances at big events.

              Magilla said he'd beat me up though if I sent myself

              Luckily I am a third degree black belt...


              I DO have a gun.



              Next year will be only the 2nd time since USDGC started that I have not been responsible for sending a State Rep to USDGC. I have used every method imaginable to choose the individual each year.


              I'll start my begging now..........

              SEND ME, SEND ME, SEND ME!


              Comment


              • #8
                i was thinking send magilla even before reading his thread

                Comment

                Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X