X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 PDGA Elections

Attention PDGA members. Ballots for the PDGA elections will be sent out to your e-mail address on file with the office. Starting today and ending on July 31st you will be voting on candidates for the Board of Directors and for your State Coordinator. There are six candidates for the Board that have submitted their required paperwork and candidate statements and they are vying for the 3 open positions this year. If you would like more information on the elections, please go here. When the candidate statements are posted, I would advise you to read them thoroughly to see which candidates will best carry the organization into the future.

At this point I would like to formally endorse 2 candidates who are immensely qualified for this position as both of them have previously served on the Board. Theo Pozzy is the former Commissioner and President of the PDGA and is also from Portland. He has a great background in company and business management and previously did a great job in leading the PDGA to a much stronger financial position. He was also instrumental in the upgrade of the PDGA website and the back end IT systems. I would also like to endorse Dave Nesbitt. I have worked with Dave on the Disciplinary Committee and also met him for the first time last May the the Spring Summit. I found Dave to be highly intelligent, thoughtful and evenhanded in all of his decisions. He has some great ideas on how to carry the organization forward and would be a wonderful addition to the current BoD.

These elections are very important to the organization as the BoD is responsible for making the decisions on what direction the sport will follow as we journey into the future.

Please vote!!!

If you do not receive a ballot, please contact the PDGA office.
    Regards,

Todd Andrews

Here is a link to the posted candidate statements.
    Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

This coming from the guys who wants us to buy him drinks with our memberships, Hahaha. Sorry I dont know you, but I know what I have read.
      Last edited by The Brodys; July 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM. Reason: forgot "with our memberships"

Comment

I did not mean that as a personal attack... Just to clarify. Happy PDGA voting day!

Comment

Your State Coordinator for the next 2 yrs (at least) will be either:

Dion Arlyn

Rebecca Duffy

Discuss...............

Comment

Wow. It sounds like Oregon is going to be in good hands no matter what happens.

Finally.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Your State Coordinator for the next 2 yrs (at least) will be either:

Dion Arlyn

Rebecca Duffy

Discuss...............

Wow. It sounds like Oregon is going to be in good hands no matter what happens.

Finally.
                And both are running on the same platform.............DODGERS SUCK!

Bob

Comment

will we see any presentations from those running for state coordinator? Good to have healthy competition in our sport at all levels to continue to raise the game to the highest level possible...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    will we see any presentations from those running for state coordinator? Good to have healthy competition in our sport at all levels to continue to raise the game to the highest level possible...
                    Their statements are here:

https://secure.vote-now.com/elections/org/PDGA/or.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      And both are running on the same platform.............DODGERS SUCK!

Bob

Comment

Just a reminder, you should have received your PDGA ballot by now so please remember to vote. If you did not receive a ballot, please contact the PDGA office. Don't forget to read the candidate statements. Experience is better than desire when it come to moving this sport forward. You can meet some of the candidates at the Rose City Open this weekend if you would like to talk to them about what their ideas are for the growth of the sport. I also will be there for a short time Saturday and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
                        Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

I got my votes in. The candidate statements are a must read before you vote. Three of the statements are very impressive. Two of them not so much. The difference in statements remind me of the difference in college application essays of students and student athletes. The student athletes expect to just get in regardless of what they write. It works for college but I'm hoping not for the board. Read the statements before you vote.
                          Read this ^

Comment

I agree----read the statements, although mine didn't make the cut. My statement didn't have my life story, just my qualifications.

Here's a small part of my statement:

I have been Chair and on the Steering Committee for the past 6 years of the biggest Relay for Life in the Great West which consists of 11 states. This is a Million dollar Relay in Eugene. I also have served as State Lead Ambassador for the American Cancer Society. This involved scheduling and organizing over 330 advocates across the state.

I am serving as President of the Eugene Disc Golf Club going into my second term. I was involved in the club before I was competitively playing showing up at work parties. I work with and listen to the members as an equal and encourage them to grow the sport. I have also been the TD for the Eugene Celebration the last two years and again this year.

I am currently on a city planning committee to install more competiitive courses on acquired property by the city and I'm directly involved with the State and County Parks.

Some things I would like to implement as State Coordinator:

1. Organizing the schedule in which every event has a chance to do well with the least amount of conflicts. I would still like to give priority to the core tournaments that have been around for years and help grow the new events to well run and established tournaments.

2. I will work with the Washington Coordinator to provide more out of state opportunities to play in tournaments that won't conflict with the home state tourneys.

3. Develop a Mentor program using some of the most experienced TD's to help new TD's to run a smooth and successful tourney.

4. Tournament Director of the Year-----this idea coming from one of our experienced Pro's (C.C.). Implementing an award for the TD of the year that would come to a vote by the PDGA members in Oregon.

These are just some the ideas I have but I have the experience and maturity to be your State Coordinator. I will work hard and I will listen and respond in the fairest and most ethical way that I can.

I will make sure that you know that my decisions will be what is best for Oregon and its members-----not what is best for the State Coordinator. I would greatly appreciate your vote for State Coordinator.

Rebecca Duffy
                            Last edited by Rebecca; July 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM.
                            PDGA President

Comment

Oh----I forgot to add some things.

I am the 5 time National Champion Tomahawk Thrower
                              I was Miss WV in 1989.

I love wakeboarding, disc golf, walks on the beach and I love sweet tea.

And I have beaten cancer 4 times

Please vote for me........................LOL
                              PDGA President

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X