X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
    I should finally break 940 which is a miracle since I haven't been playing very solid golf lately...I guess playing once a week at league, at the same course over and over doesn't make the game much better.
    Moved to 944...not bad for a once a week golfer playing league at the same course, over and over...
    Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      930+ here i come...
      holey moley they changed almost all the unofficial ratings, camp taloali's went down a bit but beaver state fling and masters cup went up and jumped 13 points! Yes! 938, officiallly ADV! Darn, was hoping to sandbag for a little longer

Comment

i went from 887 to 894...... thats a huge jump for this AM2 player

Comment

Yikes!

What's up with the Beaver State Fling Am ratings?
          Rounds 1 and 3 should not be rated the same for either pool let alone both.

For MA1's
          42 shot worse in the rain on Sunday
          24 shot better
          7 the same

Comment

Yuk - down 13 points. Bring on the RCO!

Comment

Up another 15 to 846.
              Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
              PDGA #37890
              Stumptown #157
              ODW TDG 10-11
              3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

+8 to 931.....I am almost an advanced player!

Comment

+10 to 928 I seem to be on a steady rise.
                  Almost in the top 50 in Oregon, and almost offically advanced.
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

From 0 to 922! Pretty Good Jump this time! I won't have such high expectations for the next update

Comment

Originally posted by Phatjay View Post
                      Hopefully the tournament that I did not play in but somehow got onto my ratings will be taken off during this update. An 875 or whatever it is, sure is a bummer to have on there.

All you have to do is contact the PDGA and let them know of the mistake and it will be fixed. Not very difficult to do.

Comment

Clawed my way back up to 930...

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                          What's up with the Beaver State Fling Am ratings?
                          Rounds 1 and 3 should not be rated the same for either pool let alone both.

For MA1's
                          42 shot worse in the rain on Sunday
                          24 shot better
                          7 the same
                          Same thing happened at the Memorial, the first round was a disaster, weather wise with 35 mph winds, then the 3rd round was super easy with very little wind and both got the same rating calculations. I did ask "mr know it all" from the PDGA and he said something like the average score or standard deviation was not much different between the rounds so they kept the round ratings the same. Said it had to be like 2 or 3 strokes different before getting a different calculation for ratings and it was just shy of 2 if I'm correct. I fought the good fight trying to get a different calculation but in the end it made enough sense... The rain during the 3rd round was steady but it wasn't enough to really change the outcome overall much...

Comment

Check

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            Same thing happened at the Memorial, the first round was a disaster, weather wise with 35 mph winds, then the 3rd round was super easy with very little wind and both got the same rating calculations. I did ask "mr know it all" from the PDGA and he said something like the average score or standard deviation was not much different between the rounds so they kept the round ratings the same. Said it had to be like 2 or 3 strokes different before getting a different calculation for ratings and it was just shy of 2 if I'm correct. I fought the good fight trying to get a different calculation but in the end it made enough sense... The rain during the 3rd round was steady but it wasn't enough to really change the outcome overall much...
                            Thanks for the info Snap.
                            I brought it up on the principal of the system.
                            Actual numbers: MA1 avg east course Saturday (sunshine) 68.95, Sunday (rain) 70.25. Surprisingly the other pool was much closer Saturday (sunshine) 76.68, Sunday (rain) 77.04
                            Only players who completed all rounds used in calculations.

On average I'll bet players will play either course closer to 2 strokes worse in steady rain versus sunshine. My two cents

Comment

Up 15 to equal my PB from 3 years ago.
                              Fewer rounds and most at Milo helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

All you have to do is contact the PDGA and let them know of the mistake and it will be fixed. Not very difficult to do.

I sent in a couple emails for about 6 weeks and it finally got resolved went up 10 points to 968. WOO HOO

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X