X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Scoring

Thanks to the PDGA and everyone involved with the live scoring.
    I was stuck at home and the live scoring was great.

Also for all the instant pics from the action.

I seconded to that! I was planning to come to see the final round but it wasn't my day so I decided to stay home. I was glad for live scoring updates!!

But I didn't miss any great stuff during BSF week because I was able to meet and got 5 awesome signatures on my BSF putter last Wednesday!! I met Jay and Des Reading between west # 8 and 9, and then several mintues later, I saw Valarie Jenkins. I got her signature.too. Then later, I saw Ken and Dave at Next Adventure which I collected their signatures, too. It was best day of my disc golf life!
    PDGA 38506
    ODDGA 27
    DDGA 176
    2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

I too was stuck at home and could not attend the Fling. I greatly enjoyed the live scoring and photos. Whoever is behind these things is totally awesome! Thank you very much for all the hard work, it is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Live scoring rocks, but, it should probably be the lowest priority imho, and not done untill all other volunteer slots are filled. I heard a few people complain over the weekend about working consecutive 13+ hour days, typically you don't want to run your volunteers longer than 4hours, 6tops. It not only burns them out, it diminishes their ability to effectively run their post, which can become a safety concern. It can also turn off anyone who may have been considering volunteering in the future.

That being said, the volunteers I saw this weekend did an overwhelmingly awesome job, even, when at times, confronted with aggitated people/golfers and not equipped with all the info. For instance, I observed two different drop rules for hole 7 west throughout the weekend. I don't believe this affected the top rankings, but it was a significant difference in what was ob and where to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanD View Post
          Live scoring rocks, but, it should probably be the lowest priority imho, and not done untill all other volunteer slots are filled. I heard a few people complain over the weekend about working consecutive 13+ hour days, typically you don't want to run your volunteers longer than 4hours, 6tops. It not only burns them out, it diminishes their ability to effectively run their post, which can become a safety concern. It can also turn off anyone who may have been considering volunteering in the future.

That being said, the volunteers I saw this weekend did an overwhelmingly awesome job, even, when at times, confronted with aggitated people/golfers and not equipped with all the info. For instance, I observed two different drop rules for hole 7 west throughout the weekend. I don't believe this affected the top rankings, but it was a significant difference in what was ob and where to play it.
          If you mean the twittering, I volunteered to do that specifically because I could only help on the last round and my fiance wanted to see the lead group so hit a few birds with one stone on that one... as for the 7w situation, mind elaborating but leave out the details who the volunteer was...

Comment

Snap. Were those twitters on the BSF page? Tweets. Play by play.
            YOU? THANKS!
            Whoever wrote, on #14 (the long one)- paraphrased....
            'There are 300 in the gallery and they are merging from all around...."
            That was actually my favorite. Made me feel the excitement.
            (On my computer, the second lines were being cut off and mostly illegible.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              Snap. Were those twitters on the BSF page? Tweets. Play by play.
              YOU? THANKS!
              Whoever wrote, on #14 (the long one)- paraphrased....
              'There are 300 in the gallery and they are merging from all around...."
              That was actually my favorite. Made me feel the excitement.
              (On my computer, the second lines were being cut off and mostly illegible.)
              The tweets are on the twitter website under "pdgalive", I had my own account set up in case pdgalive didn't work out but it worked out smoothly so that there was me giving the play by play with the other guy, forgot his name, adding one every few holes while he snapped a few hundred pictures and ofc tourney central added a couple so you can see a few duplicates in information but more info is better. So for the men's round about 95 percent was me having fun typing away whatever I could fit in the small box on the pager. Could have done alot more tweets but was video taping the round as well. Yes I wish there was more clear advertising of the pdgalive twitter updates so more people followed the action there on top of the live scoring and pictures, but it's new to PDGA and they will grow on the good experiences.
              Can't wait for this weekend!

Comment

Snap, I PM'd you the details r.e. the hole 7 issue. To summarize, no one's score was affected.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X