X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Switching Divisions - Mid Tourney

This came up on another thread but probably belongs here.

Player A is 45 years old and signs up to play as a Master. At sign-in he decides to play open. After the first round he asks to get moved back to Master.

TD allows it.

Can't find anything in the rules or comp manual that addresses this so can the TD move them as he/she sees fit?

technically in a non pdga event the TD makes his own rules. was the event sanctioned?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
      Was the event sanctioned?
      Let's say, yes (since this is the PDGA section of the bulletin board!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim J View Post
        This came up on another thread but probably belongs here.

Player A is 45 years old and signs up to play as a Master. At sign-in he decides to play open. After the first round he asks to get moved back to Master.

TD allows it.

Can't find anything in the rules or comp manual that addresses this so can the TD move them as he/she sees fit?
        While it never a good idea to speculate without knowing all of the facts, it is my understanding that RR signed up for this event in Masters and was moved to Open by the TD. All he did was ask to be moved back to the division he had initially signed up for.

I will say this much though... I wish he had stayed in Open Oh and he should have taken Saulter with him.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

These are all player choices TD's should not be allowed to move players from division
          to division no matter how much of a bagger the player is.

1st Signed up as Open or AM?
          2nd across ie Adv to Adv Master, Open-Open Master
          3rd UP! Yes but never ever back
          rewindb.com

Comment

How about after a tourney? At an acepot the other day an am shot twice as well as any open player, and after the scores came in asked if he could pay 3 more dollars to be in the open pool.

He was denied, of course.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              While it never a good idea to speculate without knowing all of the facts,
              Yeah, that's why I didn't want to talk about this in the other thread. I don't know all the facts and I'm not suggesting that anything inappropriate was done.

In fact, during that tourney I was even suggesting to one of the MPMs that he switch to PGM between the first and second rounds to bump our numbers (and possible payout).

But had he been crushing me after the first round, I'm not so sure I would have made the suggestion.

Comment

Why don't they wait for horse races to end before closing the betting windows?
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Why even bother specifying a division at time of registration? Just wait and see how your score comes out, and THEN pick your division!

Always check your scorecard before starting round 1, and if the division is wrong, have the TD/staff fix it before the tournament starts. Once that 2-minute horn blows, your division is whatever it says on your score card, whether or not that's what you originally requested.

Here's a nice move: Wait until everyone else is signed up for a tournament that has already stated it will not offer a Masters division, then browbeat the TD into offering it at the last minute, eliminating nearly all your competition, who are left to fend for themselves in Open! Not that I am bitter about it or anything...
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                    These are all player choices TD's should not be allowed to move players from division
                    to division no matter how much of a bagger the player is.

1st Signed up as Open or AM?
                    2nd across ie Adv to Adv Master, Open-Open Master
                    3rd UP! Yes but never ever back
                    And to give Jubner credit (stunning I know!), my first tourney was at Seatac and I didn't know which division I should play in - Jub recommended AM. After the first round I was leading by a few strokes and that damned TD Jub wouldn't let me bump into the Adv division. Sucked to be in the AM, but hey, it was by the rules.

Thanks Jub, I recieved tons of s*** for "bagging" on a previous, no defunct bbs, but at least it was all done fair and square.

Comment

That was my first tourney as well, and I remember you killed the Ints by like 50 strokes!!!
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X