Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marking an OB lie

Here's one that comes up quite often.
    I read the rule as you have up to 1 meter from the OB line.
    So can you mark it anywhere within that meter?
    In a game of inches this could be huge.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    Here's one that comes up quite often.
    I read the rule as you have up to 1 meter from the OB line.
    So can you mark it anywhere within that meter?
    In a game of inches this could be huge.
    As long as you are not standing out of bounds when you make your throw.

Comment

I would think so. Similar to marking your disc with a mini or not. If the extra inches helps you out, then mark accordingly.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

From the PDGA Rules Guide regarding how a player may elect to play their next shot after going OB:

A lie that is up to one meter away from and perpendicular to the point where the disc last crossed into out-of-bounds, as determined by a majority of the group or an official. This holds true even if the direction takes the lie closer to the hole

Comment

Note that the disc doesn't have to be OB to move the lie when you're IB and within 1 meter of OB. You can actually do your run-up thru OB territory as long as all of your supporting points are IB at the time of release.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X