X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
    Pro Worlds can be EASILY done on 4 courses.
    Though I know NOTHING of the plan.
    Milo could EASILY be set up to handle Worlds.
    2010 Worlds (I think) is planned to be in Illinios (S. Chicago) at a location that will have 4 courses on site, as well.
    As far as I have travel between venues at past worlds THIS would be MUCH appreciated.
    Also having it at 1 location allows for more of a "festival" invironment.
    Where spectators can be brought in to one site for EVERYTHING.

WHAT EVER venues are decided upon. This is gonna be a GREAT worlds.

For those that have played Worlds before (Pro or AM) - which would you prefer?

A small number of so-so courses on one site? Or a larger number of epic courses that required travel.

Either way, the pros will always find something to bitch about.

Oh- and I'm in no way implying that the two tournament courses at Milo are so-so. But of course the two proposed temp courses are an unknown factor at this time.

Comment

A small number of so-so courses on one site or a larger number of epic courses that required travel would both be superior to the am world's I attended last year.

Comment

Pier can be expanded to include another 18
        "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

Originally posted by brillo View Post
          Pier can be expanded to include another 18

what out and around the skate park.....?

why should any1 worry about Milo "The Bend" being able to add to 2 more courses in the Park.

Hell 2 could be added without doing much clearing.....

with 4 at Milo and then throw Timber with some added holes in the mix that makes 5 that should be plenty. 400+ Pro's? with almost NO travel.

This is for the Pro's right not a Am/Pro??
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I think timber in the long placements with a couple of those added holes back by 17 it would be great. Timber is easily better than half of the courses I've played at worlds in the last two years. So Timber + Milo's 3 or 4 courses and we're set.

Now we have to worry where the host hotel is going to be. I don't think any of the Estacada establishments are going to be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
              I think timber in the long placements with a couple of those added holes back by 17 it would be great. Timber is easily better than half of the courses I've played at worlds in the last two years. So Timber + Milo's 3 or 4 courses and we're set.

Now we have to worry where the host hotel is going to be. I don't think any of the Estacada establishments are going to be sufficient.
              What the Red Fox cant host it?????????

How about "The Monarch" right there by "Town Center" on 205??

We could even set up Directions to come in off of Sunnyside if 205 is backed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post

I bet we could score a whole lot of unused FEMA trailers from Texas and Louisianna. Heck, the fed might even move them up here for us.
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

The layout has been looked at previously, most of it runs along the James St. side of the park, with other hole sprinkled in the middle of the current course. If anyone remembers the Progress tournament, some of thos hole would be in play (old 2 & 3, between pin 6 and tee 7) etc....

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                  what out and around the skate park.....?

why should any1 worry about Milo "The Bend" being able to add to 2 more courses in the Park.

Hell 2 could be added without doing much clearing.....

with 4 at Milo and then throw Timber with some added holes in the mix that makes 5 that should be plenty. 400+ Pro's? with almost NO travel.

This is for the Pro's right not a Am/Pro??
                  "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

Just to clarify a few things...

What we are considering (and what was proposed to the PDGA BoD) is to use the two Milo courses (with some modifications) and run tee times for the five or six days that Worlds will be held. We would probably use Timber for some of the rounds for the older pros. (Seniors, Grands, Legends) There has been some discussion about using the shorter tee pads or alternate basket locations, but nothing has been resolved as yet.

The main plan is to close the lower bowl area to general access and run shuttles from the parking area at the viewpoint near the dog walk area. Only staff and vendors will be allowed to drive to the bottom of the hill. We will be taking over the entire camping area for that week and will not use the normal group sites.

The host hotel will most likely not be the same ome we use for the BSF. We are looking at one that will be on the new Max line so that people will have easy access to the airport and downtown.

If you would like more information or would like to volunteer to help, please feel free to contact anyone from the Oregon Series.

Regards,

Todd
                    Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

"Art idea"

How about 3 photo's 1 in each of the tri-huk's say, 1 of #10 downhill to the river,1 of #26 the Stump, and for the 3rd Some1 Teeing off on "The Genius Hole"??

Simple str8 forward highlighting the Sig. hole's on the course?

Comment

When you talk about "dangerous" courses, is it just the general neighborhood or some feature of the course that makes it dangerous?
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                          When you talk about "dangerous" courses, is it just the general neighborhood or some feature of the course that makes it dangerous?
                          In regards to Dabney it is the course lay-out that is dangerous as opposed to the neighborhood, since there really is no neighborhood surrounding it.

It's a great course, but if you get a lot of people packed in there I can see where the danger level comes into play with a few fairways right next to one another and some blind tee shots. An errant disc could easily do some damage to some unexpecting golfers throwing or walking in the opposite direction.

At least that's my take on it, but I have only played 2 rounds out there.
                          Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                          PDGA #37890
                          Stumptown #157
                          ODW TDG 10-11
                          3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X