X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 worlds!!!

At the the award ceremony on Sunday night, Cris Bellinger announced the Oregon Series intent to put in a bid for 2011 PRO WORLDS!!!
    The cheering and applause was more than a minute long. Pretty Effing exciting news obviously
    So what does everybody think? Which courses? What work needs done?
    This would be a great opportunity to make the NW shine for the whole country to see. I will definitely volunteer all I can.

to the whole staff!!
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Originally posted by Darr View Post
    At the the award ceremony on Sunday night, Cris Bellinger announced the Oregon Series intent to put in a bid for 2011 PRO WORLDS!!!
    The cheering and applause was more than a minute long. Pretty Effing exciting news obviously
    So what does everybody think? Which courses? What work needs done?
    This would be a great opportunity to make the NW shine for the whole country to see. I will definitely volunteer all I can.

to the whole staff!!
    I second that to infinity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2011 Worlds- Milo, Timber, Dabney/ Pier, Hornings, Trojan / Adair, Bryant, Willamette next stop 2012 Olympic games!
    Training to be a bagger

Comment

So granted what I heard was rumor and speculations and I do not know what truth there is to it. But I heard it was only going to be Milo. With plans to set up two more 18 hole courses. One by the dog park area not sure about the other. Take it for what you wish. But I have to say a big hell yes to worlds being 10 minutes from my casa.

Comment

Damn!

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
        But I have to say a big hell yes to worlds being 10 minutes from my casa.
        That is almost too sick to contemplate...
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          That is almost too sick to contemplate...
          Contemplating..... contemplating......

Damnit. You were right. That is sick.
          Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Why setup another course by the dog area (mines everywhere) when you have Timber nearby for the 2nd course?

Or the tri-fecto (Champoeg, Ewing, Hover)
            Last edited by Jet; October 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM.
            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

No offense intended by this statement, but here goes. Timber, Dabney, Ewing, Hover, and Champoeg are not world caliber courses, in my opinion. If Milo were to be tournament central, Trojan would be a hell of a drive, and with the land available at Milo 2 more temp courses are easily do-able. The unused land also has a lot of potential two build at least two more stellar courses.

Comment

I think we'd need more than four courses, though... Probably more like 5 or 6.

I agree that Champoeg, Hoover, Ewing are not courses that should be used for this. Timber? Maybe. It's not a very safe course...
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

From what I understand, not all the courses played in this year's Worlds were "champion" caliber. Only played Dabney once, but it seemed to me like it was good enough for a major tournament (3rd favorite in the PDX area). I think Timber could be used in a pinch too.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Dabney is the most dangerous course we have in the area, unfortunately. It's also the site where Tobin Engen was cleaved by a Jeremy Fancher drive...
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

As much as I hate Pier..with a passion, I would rather see it used than Timber or Dabney. But 4 well built courses could make up worlds, if I am remembering correctly, the Pro field only played 4 courses at worlds this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                        As much as I hate Pier..with a passion, I would rather see it used than Timber or Dabney. But 4 well built courses could make up worlds, if I am remembering correctly, the Pro field only played 4 courses at worlds this year.
                        Dude! did you seriously say you hate Pier? Please explain. It is the only course in Oregon that is dry year round and it is a gorgeous walk in the woods. why? why?
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Dabney seems a bit random to be Worlds caliber.

Comment

I still hate Pier from rubber tee pad days...When I broke my foot on the pad on hole 7.
                            The hate has nothing to do with the quality of the course.

Comment

Pro Worlds can be EASILY done on 4 courses.
                              Though I know NOTHING of the plan.
                              Milo could EASILY be set up to handle Worlds.
                              2010 Worlds (I think) is planned to be in Illinios (S. Chicago) at a location that will have 4 courses on site, as well.
                              As far as I have travel between venues at past worlds THIS would be MUCH appreciated.
                              Also having it at 1 location allows for more of a "festival" invironment.
                              Where spectators can be brought in to one site for EVERYTHING.

WHAT EVER venues are decided upon. This is gonna be a GREAT worlds.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X