X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    DDGA members can take the test for free too, become a DDGA member today lol... sorry had to do it...

Also back to thread topic of tournaments in march... the st. patrick's in sacramento area is a nice tournament and we be happy to allow a couple NW'ers here for the tournament at our place about 15 minutes away.
    count me in!
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Toby, I'd love to help you out with something like this. Would make for great publicity along with sending much needed $ to Haiti. If I hadn't already committed the PretzelBowl to Northwest Harvest, I would have sent it to Haiti as well.

Let me know!
      Right on Andrew... that'd be appreciated, and you'd be a great person to 'learn the ropes' from. See you Saturday, maybe I'll have a few ideas to run past you by then & see what you think...
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Nudge
        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
          I would if I was a TD.
          Throw an event, and then you WILL be TD! How do you think every other TD started out?
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
            What? Are you crazy? There is only ONE thing happening on the best four days of sport in the nation....MARCH MADNESS!!!! The only disc golf that I will be doing is the break between the first eight and the second eight games on Thursday and Friday. Wall size TV, all four games on at once, walking tacos and my bracket working out perfectly is all I will even be able to think about.

later,
            papa
            A sport with piss poor officiating that takes 35 minutes to finish the last 3 minutes of a game is an utter waste of time

Not to mention all of the thugs that play...
            "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Throw an event, and then you WILL be TD! How do you think every other TD started out?
              dont you have to be a TD to throw an event first? I ordered an officials test, I was told that is the first step. I would love to help out any TD throw an event in the South Sound in March though, I can do all the boring work, I have time to do whatever.
              www.soulpancake.com
              www.bahai.org
              http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

You can sign up to be a TD before taking the officials test - Sheila has been listed as official TD of PretzelBowl since early December and just now got her certification, just have to make sure you send it in a week or so before the event. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, but you should have plenty of time to be TD yourself if you want.
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                  A sport with piss poor officiating that takes 35 minutes to finish the last 3 minutes of a game is an utter waste of time

Dang....no love for a sport that really does take athletic skill, hard work and dedication. That's cool, everyone has their gig and I happen to love basketball and March Madness is just a big special treat.

Not to mention that any sport that is officiated will have it's faults and that is just part of the game. Sometimes it works for your team, sometimes not but it is truly part of the game that happens due to the human factor and I think that's okay.

And most importantly, that just means more walking tacos for me....YAY!

later,
                  Papa
                  Team Discraft
                  Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Huckin' For Haiti BYOP's (yes, plural partners) FUNdRaiser tourney to come this MaRcH...
                    details to be announced by Feb. 20th.

<you've got a point here... just not a valid one>

While there's alot of reasons to 'hate' on the NBA and it's 'players', college basketball's student-athletes are still playing for the 'team' and their school for the most part...... especially during MARCH MADNESS BABYYYYYYYY... IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME BABY, WITH A CAPITAL "A"!!!!!

Walking tacos beat the heck out of flying tacos... and March Madness beats the heck out of the NHL playoffs/Stanley Cup(yes, for those of you that weren't aware, there is still a professional hockey league in the U.S.)
                    ... so I have to give the edge to Scott here over Mike.
                    Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; February 9th, 2010, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
                      Dang....no love for a sport that really does take athletic skill, hard work and dedication. That's cool, everyone has their gig and I happen to love basketball and March Madness is just a big special treat.

Not to mention that any sport that is officiated will have it's faults and that is just part of the game. Sometimes it works for your team, sometimes not but it is truly part of the game that happens due to the human factor and I think that's okay.

And most importantly, that just means more walking tacos for me....YAY!

later,
                      Papa
                      I have lots of love for basketball but I would definitely rather play pick up at the y than watch games in front of the TV. Plus watching games is always more enjoyable after being outside golfing all day.
                      Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post

As Toby was getting at this line is funny coming from a guy that loves hockey. If they let two NBA players throw a few punches until someone went down once or twice a game would they be less thuggish?

Additionally I'm pretty sure there have been alot more assault charges brought against hockey players for in game cheap shots than there have been for NBA players.

Hockey players also get in trouble off ice just like NBA players you just don't hear about it as much because they are not as famous/visible.

I can't argue the fact that there are quite a few stupid millionare wanna be gangsta's in the NBA just ask Gilbert Arenas.
                        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                          college basketball's student-athletes are still playing for the 'team' and their school for the most part.......

I think this statement is true if you are talking about the 8th through 12th men on the bench.

Judging from my own experience most of the players playing in the "big dance" are in fact playing for themselves more than for their team. I do think they play a much better team game than the NBA.

Back to the thread.

I will huck for Haiti with as many partners as allowed.

Will it be a mystery venue???
                          Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                            ... and March Madness beats the heck out of the NHL playoffs/Stanley Cup(yes, for those of you that weren't aware, there is still a professional hockey league in the U.S.)
                            ... so I have to give the edge to Scott here over Mike.
                            <you've got a point here... just not a valid one>

Except that NHL players work harder and play a game that is more exciting than any other professional sport. Maybe your eyes aren't good enough to follow a fast paced game?

Comment

Hockey is a gentleman's game, much the same as Polo or betting on who's housekeeper will get deported first.

In hockey, the players sometimes resolve their differences with fisticuffs.

In basketball, thugs get in brawls, and cry about someone accidentally touching their arm while they were bounding about.
                              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

My point was that his were more or less arguments that pertained to the NBA, and that college basketball was not as tarnished as the NBA... didn't mean to imply a comparison between the NHL and the NBA outside of the fact that March MaDnEsS is much more entertaining to the mainstream, and that in my opinion only die-hard hockey fans give a rat's ass about the Stanley Cup... whereas, the entire country gets involved in MaRcH MaDnEsS... I am a huge sports fan, but I grew up around a college baseball program, and played the 'big 3' (sports.. baseball, football, basketball) growing up, so hockey has never interested me in the slightest. I will readily admit that my own lack of knowledge of hockey strategy and fundamentals hinders my ability to appreciate watching a hockey game. I have very good vision, but I don't 'see' the ins and outs of the game. (put a US Flag or 'Home team' on their jerseys, and it's different for many of us though right--like soccer is to a great deal of Americans)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X