Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I searched as well, all I could find is that it costs $50 for a C tier and you need to register within 30 days of the event taking place. Maybe I'll contact Rideout and see if he could help with something
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

You need to be a current PDGA member and pass the officials exam in order to TD a PDGA sanctioned event.
      Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
        You need to be a current PDGA member and pass the officials exam in order to TD a PDGA sanctioned event.
        Right. I'm a current member. I want to run a sanctioned event. How/where is the officials exam so that I may pass it and run a sanctioned event? I assume it's on the PDGA website, but it's eluding me through all the flashy advertisements and confusing layout.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
          What? Are you crazy? There is only ONE thing happening on the best four days of sport in the nation....MARCH MADNESS!!!! The only disc golf that I will be doing is the break between the first eight and the second eight games on Thursday and Friday. Wall size TV, all four games on at once, walking tacos and my bracket working out perfectly is all I will even be able to think about.

WOOOHAAAA!!!

later,
          papa
          madness shmadness.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            Right. I'm a current member. I want to run a sanctioned event. How/where is the officials exam so that I may pass it and run a sanctioned event? I assume it's on the PDGA website, but it's eluding me through all the flashy advertisements and confusing layout.

I am in the process of sanctioning an upcoming tournament for August. On the sanctioning agreement there is a box you check in the payment checklist to request the officials test at a cost of $10. It will then be emailed to you. It states on the sanctioning agreement that you agree to be a certified official well before the event, so you don't think you have to be an official before you sanction your event just well before the event.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
              madness shmadness.
              Agreed. I do like tacos though.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

What if the tournament Payout was in Tacos?
                WORK LESS THROW MORE
                http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                  Hey also here is some more info on becoming a certified official from the PDGA website:

http://www.pdga.com/rules/becoming-a-pdga-official

Cindy
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                    Hey also here is some more info on becoming a certified official from the PDGA website:

http://www.pdga.com/rules/becoming-a-pdga-official

Cindy
                    Great, Cindy! Thank you! I had once-upon-a-time stumbled upon that page and was playing hell trying to find it again. I appreciate it.
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Hey Hiatt, I think if you're a member of a local club, you can take the test for free. Of course I didn't know that when I paid my 10 bucks to take the test.

Comment

Stumptown members can take the test for free. Contact a Stumptown official and they can send you the test.

If you're not a Stumptown member, you can join for the same amount you would have saved on taking the test.

Comment

DDGA members can take the test for free too, become a DDGA member today lol... sorry had to do it...

Also back to thread topic of tournaments in march... the st. patrick's in sacramento area is a nice tournament and we be happy to allow a couple NW'ers here for the tournament at our place about 15 minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                            Hey Hiatt, I think if you're a member of a local club, you can take the test for free. Of course I didn't know that when I paid my 10 bucks to take the test.
                            Thanks, but I belong to so many clubs already: BMG music, Safeway, LAC...I don't know if I could take another.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post

What if the tournament Payout was in Tacos?
                              Then I'd be there with bells on!

I also enjoy a good taco... but I also enjoy saying tacos shmacos...
                              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                                Sumner Meadows in 11 days... need a lift?

How about Huckin' for Haiti?
                                I've been thinking about running a little dubs event, C-tier, or ? to raise money for the Red Cross relief efforts in Haiti(or Save the Children)... it'd be the first tourney that I'd be involved in directing. Any ideas? Co-TD?
                                First I'd need to get certified, if it were sanctioned.

MaRcH MaDnEsS!! It's AWESOME BABY!!
                                Toby, I'd love to help you out with something like this. Would make for great publicity along with sending much needed $ to Haiti. If I hadn't already committed the PretzelBowl to Northwest Harvest, I would have sent it to Haiti as well.

Let me know!
                                'Weekend 4 Women':
                                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X