X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
    Yes, you need to add a line somewhere so that OB area is completely enclosed from the back side. We've seen problems at tournaments where a painted OB line just stops and it's not obvious where the line is if someone lands beyond that end point. Always curl painted OB lines back to some "permanent" OB area like a wall, body of water, fence, street, cement, etc.

I guess I just disagree with you guys on this hole;

Chuck, you are right about OB needing to be totally enclosed, except in this case, where the mando clearly defines the end of the OB line. There is no question about being in bounds or out of bounds on this hole. The ONLY question on this hole is; Where is the line that defines making it past the wrong side of the mando, or simply being out of bounds. Once past the Mando, the OB disappears.

Now there is another hole at Steilly that has a very poorly marked "ending" to the OB line and that is hole SE14. This is a case of the OB needing to be clearly marked all the way around like a water hazard.
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

There's no "except in this case" allowed. It's perfectly fine if the line marking the "wrong" side of the mando is the OB boundary going to the left but it does enclose the OB just in case any discs do come around the mando tree and curl back to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
        Now there is another hole at Steilly that has a very poorly marked "ending" to the OB line and that is hole SE14. This is a case of the OB needing to be clearly marked all the way around like a water hazard.
        Yes! That hole has a terrible OB line that just stops! It is quite frustrating. Luckily, no one in my group has ever landed near the end of that line.

Comment

Which one is SE14 again?
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

The first firestation hole.
            A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Yeah, hole 14 is a gag. I saw a few heated arguments at the last PDGA tournament. Including a guy in my group who had the sad debate involving the unclear OB line and his unfortunate 8ppp.... on the last hole.....which pushed him from +1 to +6..... Man that hole is nuts!!!
              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

SE 1 just extend the OB from the tree and continue it up with the bushes on the left as OB. This line is can continue all the way to and around the basket if needed. Keep the mando for safety reasons. Or it can be left the way it is and people can just land in the fairway; roc, roc, par. SE 14 the lines should wrap around thebasket and meet up at some point so the hole is a defined fairway, or just land in bounds. Roc, roc, par.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Right. OB lines cannot just end in space. Washington seems to have a repeating problem with this (e.g. extra blackberry hole at Lakewood). The solution is very simple: Complete your OB line!

At Steilly, a red line should be added, connecting the mando tree, running due west (assuming north = top), to the fence. All debates are then easily ended.

If you ever played Ice Bowl at Lunchtime, you will recall the miles (literally) of string, paint, and flags used to clearly mark the OB. Every OB line on that course is continuous. There is no question where any OB line "begins" or "ends", because they don't.
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Washington=BAD Oregon=GOOD
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Here's my $.02

ok, I'm actually just posting to go for the most threads posted on record.
                      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                        Here's my $.02

ok, I'm actually just posting to go for the most threads posted on record.
                        Here is my $.02 you need to get a life, and I think the mods should delete all of this crap.
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          If you ever played Ice Bowl at Lunchtime, you will recall the miles (literally) of string, paint, and flags used to clearly mark the OB. Every OB line on that course is continuous. There is no question where any OB line "begins" or "ends", because they don't.
                          I miss the Ice Bowl at Lunchtime. Treelove, when will this return? It was the first tourney I ever played in. I thought I was playing pretty well, but this other dude in my group just kept parking it on every hole. I thought, who the fck is this dude? BA meet Avery, Avery meet this new old dude (name not important)......
                          Good Times

Comment

Speaking of clear markings, I really like it when the 10 meter circle is painted or chalked-- I'd like it if all courses had the circle permanently or continually marked.

Sorry to upset you so much LegoRules (enforcer), but I had actually posted legitimate replies on several threads while killing time at work, and when I realized that I had posted on MOST of the threads on the board, I decided to just go for it and post on ALL of them AS A JOKE... sort of a crack against myself-- glad that you 'got it' and deducted that I need to "get a life"... it was not meant to upset anyone, so SORRY... If you review them, most of the posts that I made last night were relative to the topic being discussed...
                            I had typed up a post saying how 'reviewing this thread is making me dizzy', and even put in my actual $.02 on mandos-- but then deleted it and left that lame post that pissed you off so much.
                            Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; November 24th, 2009, 11:38 PM.
                            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                              Speaking of clear markings, I really like it when the 10 meter circle is painted or chalked-- I'd like it if all courses had the circle permanently or continually marked.

Sorry to upset you so much LegoRules (enforcer), but I had actually posted legitimate replies on several threads while killing time at work, and when I realized that I had posted on MOST of the threads on the board, I decided to just go for it and post on ALL of them AS A JOKE... sort of a crack against myself-- glad that you 'got it' and deducted that I need to "get a life"... it was not meant to upset anyone, so SORRY... If you review them, most of the posts that I made last night were relative to the topic being discussed...
                              I had typed up a post saying how 'reviewing this thread is making me dizzy', and even put in my actual $.02 on mandos-- but then deleted it and left that lame post that pissed you off so much.
                              BAN HIM!!!!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                              Or does here stand the last remaining man
                              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Toby, consider this a warning. You are not allowed to have a sense of humor. Sarcasm is also frowned upon.
                                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X