X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New for 2010!

"In 2010 all competitors will be required to pass a rules proficiency exam before they are allowed to compete in a National Tour event. This test will be offered online and should be ready by January 1st, 2010. "

Found that when I was looking at the registration form for the Memorial. I like the idea, but discuss!

Excellent idea. I think something like this should be done for all PDGA events so that people won't be oblivious about some of the more basic rules about foot faults and such.
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

I looked everywhere on all registration forms for the memorial and did not see anything like this, where did you see this? However, I agree this is a good thing, but how many "oblivious" players play in an NT event as compared to the B and C tiers that have the real problem occur often?

Comment

It's on the PDGA signup's site, under the pro registration, right about where you sign off on the waiver.

Comment

ahh but aren't ams the ones with the problem? Nothing on the Am's side like that... hmm, but still an idea to pursue...

Comment

are currently certified officials required to take the test?

i like the idea
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

we don't have problems with people not knowing the basic rules of disc golf because we have someone to explain everything in the players meeting at every event. sure it takes an hour but we all have plenty of time.

i think anyone who plays in any sanctioned tourney should have a basic understanding of the rules.

Comment

Great idea. Certified officials should also be exempt.

Comment

This is a great idea! Maybe you should have to pass this test before you become a PDGA member, or before your first sanctioned tourney.
                  www.soulpancake.com
                  www.bahai.org
                  http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    ahh but aren't ams the ones with the problem? Nothing on the Am's side like that... hmm, but still an idea to pursue...
                    Not from my experience with the BSF this year. You wouldn't believe the complaints I heard from Pro after Pro about foot faults, courtesy, scorecards, on and on. Maybe they know, but don't adhere?

I like this idea and I think the next step IS to have anyone playing a sanctioned event tested.

Bob

Comment

You might lose some of the more casual ams playing sanctioned tournaments if you require certification to play. I don't think that would be a problem with pros
                      Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                        You might lose some of the more casual ams playing sanctioned tournaments if you require certification to play. I don't think that would be a problem with pros
                        I think this is absolutely correct, but keep in mind that this change is only for NT tournaments (for now). Not many casual ams play those.

Comment

which brings me to my point is why only pros at NT take the test, why not just all because right now there is no test for the AM side...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            which brings me to my point is why only pros at NT take the test, why not just all because right now there is no test for the AM side...
                            Baby steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              I think this is absolutely correct, but keep in mind that this change is only for NT tournaments (for now). Not many casual ams play those.
                              very true I was responding to this comment

"This is a great idea! Maybe you should have to pass this test before you become a PDGA member, or before your first sanctioned tourney."
                              Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X