Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that the functional reason for ratings is to separate ams into the proper skill division for competition. Retaining bad round ratings versus a DNF would just drag better players into a lower division and actually reward them for bad behavior. Likewise, it would encourage even more players to bag their last round if they were out of it in an event knowing that they could pull down their rating.

Comment

BTW, the PDGA has contacted players showing a pattern of DNFs. Future behavior like that will subject them to review by the PDGA Disciplinary Committee. The manufacturers who do sponsorships also are aware of the DNF issue and look closely at a player's DNF history to see if their rating might be artificially inflated. They also want to know if a potential sponsored player is a simply a good sports(wo)man.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
        Looks like REDFIVE didn't have any PDGA tournaments in 2007 on record. Was that about the time you moved from Advanced to Open? What was your rating in 2004 vs. today, i.e. how much did it go up?
        2004- 874 to 886 am2
        2005- 941 to 945 am2/adv
        2006- 965 adv
        2007- 965 adv/open
        2008- 987 to 986 open
        2009- 995 to 1003 open
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Damn Chris, can you give me the secret ingredients to the Elixir of 2005?
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post

making putts from 20'-40'??
            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Get 2 baskets for the backyard and work swing shift so you can play every morning. I had 3 friends that were obsessed like I was and we pushed each other everyday to get better. Unfortunately 2 of them had injuries that they haven't been able to fully recover from and one gives me shnit because I have a higher rating than he does.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                2004- 874 to 886 am2
                2005- 941 to 945 am2/adv
                2006- 965 adv
                2007- 965 adv/open
                2008- 987 to 986 open
                2009- 995 to 1003 open
                With this pattern I will hope to cheat my way to 1020 sometime late next year.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

when i was 1004 people said i was exploited... fuck em...

Comment

with 8/10 rounds being at seatac or steilly and only having 2 rounds outside your home courses it makes it easier to get 1000 player rating... of course we all know how hard it is to travel so i wouldnt give a shit what people say... with steilly and seatac being the 2 best courses in the state.

my home course ratings... i only got 2 rated rounds this year on my "home course"

Comment

Congratulations to both 5 and DD's for getting a 1000 rating or higher. It wasn't that long ago that there were ZERO 1000 rated players from Washington state. Nice of you'z to represent.

Comment

i dropped when i broke my middle finger... its actually 100X easier to get a rating now than it was in even 2005.

Comment

I'm doing my part to make you guys look better. You can compensate me later however you feel.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                            with 8/10 rounds being at seatac or steilly and only having 2 rounds outside your home courses it makes it easier to get 1000 player rating... of course we all know how hard it is to travel so i wouldnt give a shit what people say... with steilly and seatac being the 2 best courses in the state.

my home course ratings... i only got 2 rated rounds this year on my "home course"
                            Thanks Ed, I wouldn't consider sea tac a home course, I guess I am pretty familiar with it but I only play it maybe 5 times a year max counting tourneys. But steilly is pretty much home away from riverside. Ah riverside, where the locals throw from all directions and the smell of stale beer radiates from the cans thrust into the bushes as if to say, "I shanked my drive but birdied my drunken stuper." The only course that I know ofthat has bleachers for smoking not for spectating, REDFIVE BITCHES!
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                              Thanks Ed, I wouldn't consider sea tac a home course, I guess I am pretty familiar with it but I only play it maybe 5 times a year max counting tourneys. But steilly is pretty much home away from riverside. Ah riverside, where the locals throw from all directions and the smell of stale beer radiates from the cans thrust into the bushes as if to say, "I shanked my drive but birdied my drunken stuper." The only course that I know ofthat has bleachers for smoking not for spectating, REDFIVE BITCHES!

I seriously laughed when I read this, nice.
                              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

i honestly wouldnt travel if i could play seatac and steilly... I would be the biggest hermit ever. Just like Matteo unless i fealt like getting out of the rain for a weekend.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X