X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teepad measurements...

are there official pdga measurements for teepads or is this some sort of discretionary loop hole left to the course creator? seems to me that there should be some sort of width restriction to retain people from making huge teepads and to have some sort of unity between courses.

i couldn't find anything online...
    someone halp!

May the wind be in your favor...

hmmm... found this via discgolfassociation.com

Tees may be as small as 4 ft x 8 ft on short Rec. courses to 6 ft x 12 ft on larger courses.

i wonder if these are "official" numbers or just the "standard".

Comment

4x8 would be suggested minimum, don't know why anyone would try to go any smaller... would just piss off a bunch of potential disc golfers i guess...

Comment

My opinion of tee pad sizes.

4' x 8' tee pads work good for holes that play less than 225 feet.

4' x 10' tee pads are the standard.

5' x 12' tee pads would be the gold standard for premier courses.

Comment

From the PDGA Design Guidelines: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...Guides2009.pdf
          5. TEES: Hard surface tee pads of textured cement or asphalt are preferred. Preferred size is 5 ft wide by at least 12 ft long (1.8x3m). Maximum size is 6 ft wide by 18 ft long with the back end flaring out to 10 feet wide. If you need to conserve materials, make tee pads shorter on short or downhill holes and longer on long holes. For example, a hard surfaced tee pad at the top of a hill on a short hole might only need to be 8 ft long because most players will just stand at the front edge of the tee to make their throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
            From the PDGA Design Guidelines: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...Guides2009.pdf
            5. TEES: Hard surface tee pads of textured cement or asphalt are preferred. Preferred size is 5 ft wide by at least 12 ft long (1.8x3m). Maximum size is 6 ft wide by 18 ft long with the back end flaring out to 10 feet wide. If you need to conserve materials, make tee pads shorter on short or downhill holes and longer on long holes. For example, a hard surfaced tee pad at the top of a hill on a short hole might only need to be 8 ft long because most players will just stand at the front edge of the tee to make their throws.
            That's a good document!

Comment

DONT CONSERVE MATERIALS ON CONCRETE TEE PADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your going to take the time to do concrete, do it once and do it right! Concrete itself is NOT expensive to pour. The MAX you will pay is $100 a yard, when we poured Yauger, it was $65 per yard. One yard will do 46656 sq". A tee pad that is 5' x12' x3.5" =30240sq".
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                DONT CONSERVE MATERIALS ON CONCRETE TEE PADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your going to take the time to do concrete, do it once and do it right! Concrete itself is NOT expensive to pour. The MAX you will pay is $100 a yard, when we poured Yauger, it was $65 per yard. One yard will do 46656 sq". A tee pad that is 5' x12' x3.5" =30240sq".
                Olydiscgolf is right on as far as size, though you may want to cushion yourself a bit because of the level of the ground (may require a bit more if not perfectly level). Another consideration is how long it takes to pour, they allow about 10 minutes a yard, after that they start to charge by the hour. One truck cost us about $800, the other right over $1000 because we were taking the concrete to distant tee pads that the truck could not reach. For those pads I went to United Rental and got a yard concrete mixer that was on it's own trailer. The truck poured the concrete into the smaller mixer and we were able to go up through the hills by truck (you have to cap the end of the small mixer by strapping on a peice of plywood or it would spill). The pads we poured for the 3rd course are 5 ft 9 inches by 12 ft, except for hole #16 which is 5 ft 9 inches by 16 ft.

hope this helps!

Comment

The fact that we have to buy the concrete in the form of sacks of cement, sand, and gravel, will explain why our tees don't look like what is described above. Our first pads were mixed by hand, before I bought a 5 cu. ft. PTO mixer for the tractor. Even then, it's a bit of expense and a shttload of work to do a single pad. At least the water is free here.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

thanks for all the help gang. the cottage grove crew is laying down our teepads today and tomorrow...
                    we're all pretty excited...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                      thanks for all the help gang. the cottage grove crew is laying down our teepads today and tomorrow...
                      we're all pretty excited...
                      Does someone have a GPS? If they collect coordinates for all tees and baskets, I can make a map.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        Does someone have a GPS? If they collect coordinates for all tees and baskets, I can make a map.
                        i'll see what i can rummage up adam.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X