X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PDGA official

It's official: I'm an official official.

Who's next? It was super easy-peasy, and the whole process took less than an hour. If you're a Stumptown member, the test is FREE. How can you beat that?

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    It's official: I'm an official official.

Who's next? It was super easy-peasy, and the whole process took less than an hour. If you're a Stumptown member, the test is FREE. How can you beat that?
    Good for you Scott!

Bob

Comment

It would be great to see Oregon set the trend of most certified officialls! I'd also like to see more Oregon golfers (whether certified or not) really dig into the rules and competition manual to understand the tournament proceedures. Believe me, being a certified official does not make you a rules expert by any means, its those who invest a bit of time into research.
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
        It would be great to see Oregon set the trend of most certified officialls! I'd also like to see more Oregon golfers (whether certified or not) really dig into the rules and competition manual to understand the tournament proceedures. Believe me, being a certified official does not make you a rules expert by any means, its those who invest a bit of time into research.
        I agree with all of the above.

Knowing the rules - really knowing them - is the most neglected part of the game for many tournament players. At least at the levels I've played.

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
          rules and competition manual to understand the tournament proceedures.
          Where can one find said info and how much does it cost?
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

It's been suggested that it should be a requirement that anybody playing pro to also be a certified official. Not a bad idea, IMO.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
              Where can one find said info and how much does it cost?
              Rules: http://www.pdga.com/rules

Comp Manual: http://www.pdga.com/documents/competition-manual

FAQ: http://www.pdga.com/faq?

The official's test is typically ten dollars, unless you signed up through a club.
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

I just became an official a few days ago. Took the test for free since DDGA is an affiliate club of the PDGA and active members of affiliate clubs get the test for free. The PDGA is really fast on communicating right now so it's a good time to take it. But your membership must remain active at all times, if you let it expire, then you have to take the test again...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  I just became an official a few days ago. Took the test for free since DDGA is an affiliate club of the PDGA and active members of affiliate clubs get the test for free. The PDGA is really fast on communicating right now so it's a good time to take it. But your membership must remain active at all times, if you let it expire, then you have to take the test again...
                  That's good to know. I usually don't get around to renewing until sometime in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    That's good to know. I usually don't get around to renewing until sometime in the spring.
                    Uhhhhhhhh, didn't you JUST take the test? And you still don't know the rules? I think maybe Mathew took the test for you?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      Uhhhhhhhh, didn't you JUST take the test? And you still don't know the rules? I think maybe Mathew took the test for you?

Bob
                      Probably about 3-4 weeks ago.

Comment

LOL... don't let that membership expire! But if you a member of an affiliate club, then it's free... PDGA gonna be like, lol, scotty took the test for the 10th year in row again *if the year were 2019 ofc*

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                          LOL... don't let that membership expire! But if you a member of an affiliate club, then it's free... PDGA gonna be like, lol, scotty took the test for the 10th year in row again *if the year were 2019 ofc*
                          Well, I should have a pretty good handle on the rules after taking the test 10 times.

Comment

I took that test (and passed) in May, I still haven't recieved a rules book or officials card!
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

call them up! I have never had an issue not resolved immediately when I called them, which is plenty...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X