X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Round

The current world champ just shot a respectable 1037 rated opening round at the Vibram Open, and is losing by 9 strokes!

Check out the rating of Barry's round

It'll be interesting to see how this ends up.

Wow - that is amazing - now to go look up the course...I'd post the round rating, but you really need to look at the board to get the Holy F'ing SHINOLA! factor...

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
    The current world champ just shot a respectable 1037 rated opening round at the Vibram Open, and is losing by 9 strokes!

Check out the rating of Barry's round

It'll be interesting to see how this ends up.

Comment

There's good chance it will fall back to 1098 or 1099 once the first round is averaged with rounds two and three. But you never know. Same thing happened in 2008 when Feldberg had an 1100 unofficially and ended up with 1098 at the Memorial. Very hot rounds nonetheless.

Comment

Holy Crap! that is the raddest round. Gotta love the old school talent shredding it!
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

32 people shot better than 1000 rated. HMMMMMM...............
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Hopefully, they will work out the bugs and get the live video feed up and running. The live scoring was great to watch during Barry's round. Here is the link:
            http://www.maplehillopen.com/default.html

Comment

Originally posted by gmills View Post
              Hopefully, they will work out the bugs and get the live video feed up and running. The live scoring was great to watch during Barry's round. Here is the link:
              http://www.maplehillopen.com/default.html
              Thanks for the link, gmills! I've been waiting for Barry to have some sort of comeback, I think he's almost recovered from his health issue from the last couple of years, I expect to start seeing him getting top card finishes more this year and next.

That guy has the best driving form on tour, in my opinion!

Comment

Barry has always been one of my favorite tour players. I'm glad to see him doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                  There's good chance it will fall back to 1098 or 1099 once the first round is averaged with rounds two and three. But you never know. Same thing happened in 2008 when Feldberg had an 1100 unofficially and ended up with 1098 at the Memorial. Very hot rounds nonetheless.
                  For a moment there I thought I had a pretty good handle on how round ratings were calculated. The rounds are averaged together?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                    Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    For a moment there I thought I had a pretty good handle on how round ratings were calculated. The rounds are averaged together?

From the PDGA website <http://www.pdga.com/faq/278#278n754>:

"The scores thrown by propagators each round are used to calculate the SSA rating for a specific course layout. A propagator is a current member whose rating is over 799 and is based on at least 8 rounds. As long as there are 5 propagators playing a course layout, ratings can be calculated. The average rating of all propagators will equal the average rating they get for the round – always. If the same course layout is used more than one round, the scores from multiple rounds will be used to determine an overall SSA, as long as the individual round SSAs come out close to each other, so everyone gets the same rating for the same score on the same course. If the SSAs are significantly different, likely due to varying wind conditions, the round ratings will be calculated separately. If a propagator shoots more than 60 points below their rating, their score will not be used in the SSA calculations."

Translation: Sometimes rounds are averaged together, sometimes they are not. It depends on how consistent the entire field played from one round to the next.
                    Last edited by Kenny B; August 18th, 2009, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Another interesting factor will be when the report is turned in. If the Vibram report is not in this update we are working on, then the ratings of the propagators will be somewhat different when the report is processed in the October update than the ratings used for the unofficial online ratings during the event. If the Vibram report did sneak in, which Gentry may have done since he was there, then an official 1100 is possible. It looks like it could come in around 1099.5 so it will depend on which side.

Comment

It's official...exactly 1100.

Comment

1100.04 to be exact.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X