Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're going to play advanced masters and your rating is going to drop. Just look at Hagerty, he went from Pro to Pro Masters and well...you know the rest.

Comment

Well, back to topic. My rating did not change, but I DID shoot the first 1000+ rated PDGA round of my life, and it's offiicial: http://www.pdga.com/player-ratings-d...how_excluded=1
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        Well, back to topic. My rating did not change, but I DID shoot the first 1000+ rated PDGA round of my life, and it's offiicial: http://www.pdga.com/player-ratings-d...how_excluded=1
        Great round Gawain!!!
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I figured it out on my own - on the PDGA site. 8th. Means still room to improve... in Advanced Masters.
          How will moving to an age protected division will help you improve?

Wouldn't you be more likely to improve if you played against stiffer competition? I'd love to hear your justification on this because frankly I'm bewildered. You argue strongly that the best way to improve is to move up, yet you don't seem willing to make that move yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            You're going to play advanced masters and your rating is going to drop. Just look at Hagerty, he went from Pro to Pro Masters and well...you know the rest.
            Nah... I am going to play Advanced Masters at sanctioned events pre-Worlds and Pro Masters at sanctioned events post-Worlds.

(There, Scott... there is your justification. Our Pro Masters fields are generally too small and I might end up cashing. Cant' have that. )

I am not worried about my rating and don't think anyone else should be, either. I am not a number. I am a man!
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Well done, G!!!

This ratings update brings our team all sorts of great news. My 1005 from the Clash was upgraded to a 1017 - my first ever 1000 rated round, as well.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Nah... I am going to play Advanced Masters at sanctioned events pre-Worlds and Pro Masters at sanctioned events post-Worlds.

(There, Scott... there is your justification. Our Pro Masters fields are generally too small and I might end up cashing. Cant' have that. )
                You can accept scrip in lieu of cash to retain your amatuer status.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  BAM!!!!

I think he needs to register as an AM to get the points though?

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                    BAM!!!!

I think he needs to register as an AM to get the points though?
                    Not entirely sure how the points works, but I know it's totally do-able. The scrip for cash rule was put in place to eliminate the "I'm saving myself for Worlds" excuse.

Comment

The PDGA tracks points separately for events played in Am and events played in Pro for players who do both. If earning points is important for getting an invite to Pro Worlds in 2011, then it would be better to enter Pro divisions all year in 2010 and just accept merch if you cash in events prior to Am Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        You are familiar with my ancestry... right?
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

You are familiar with my ancestry... right?
                          Well.... I've heard several people question your parentage....

Comment

what parents? Sam appeared out of no where...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X