X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys,

I started a Blog under some intense suggestive prose from my family to document my adventure at worlds so if you are interested here is my blog

Flash's Worlds Adventure

I hope to provide multi-daily posts and updates. I will include as many pictures as I can to help those back home understand what disc golf is like in KC.

I fly out tonight at midnight with Jason McGrew and we should be playing sometime around 11 am on Friday. I think we will go play Shawnee Mission and then head up to WyCo disc golf course for their Friday league night, Fact has it that their Ace Pot is up to $1017.00 and they pay it all out for an ace.

Here are the maps of Shawnee and WyCo
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Myself and Kevin Prosser will be in KC representing the Adv Masters from Washington. I'm flying out Sunday morning, 12 hours after our Aquafest Open is over.
      http://aquafest.com/events/discgolf.asp

I am staying at the host hotel (Westin). I will be the guy at the bar in the evening trying to figure out why the 7 beers haven't rehydrated me.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
        I will be heading out friday early afternoon, I plan on hitting I-84 about 3 o'clock, stops at pendleton, boise, ogden for the night, cheyenne, lincoln, then k.c. around midnight, I-84 to I-80 to highway 2 to I-29 , only four switches not bad for 1800 miles, anybody wanting to switch info in case of a problem or saftey in numbers just send me a messege
        Make sure you find someplace to stay in Ogden before you get there or at least be prepared to spend money on a named place. The worst motel I ever stayed at was there. It is a horrible place to stop and it is the only time I have gone to bed scared for my car and my safety. The shower was also too nasty to even think about stepping in. I really wished I would have stopped in SLC when I was on my way though.

Comment

Man Slam

I just finished man slamming Andy To the max-out in our hotel room. Nate an Kirk tapped out early.

Comment

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
            I just finished man slamming Andy To the max-out in our hotel room. Nate an Kirk tapped out early.
            You boys quit "fooling around" in your hotel room and start focusing on disc golf!!

Comment

LETS GO NW TIME TO REPRESENT

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Man-slamming??!? Hahahaha. Tear it up Ben, Kirk, Nate, Jeff, Andy(TEAM CHALLENGE!!!), Paul and anybody else I missed out. REPRESENT THE NORTHWEST WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Team Innova
                Team LSDiscs
                Team Stimpi
                Team Challenge
                Team Oly
                Team Fry
                2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
                PDGA #25541

Comment

Chanman.... it think it is best that we all dont inquire into details of this said man-slamming... I fear for the worse...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                    Chanman.... it think it is best that we all dont inquire into details of this said man-slamming... I fear for the worse...
                    I think I saw some of that "man-slamming" on a prison documentry..."OZ"

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      Hey Guys,

I started a Blog under some intense suggestive prose from my family to document my adventure at worlds so if you are interested here is my blog

Flash's Worlds Adventure

I hope to provide multi-daily posts and updates. I will include as many pictures as I can to help those back home understand what disc golf is like in KC.

I fly out tonight at midnight with Jason McGrew and we should be playing sometime around 11 am on Friday. I think we will go play Shawnee Mission and then head up to WyCo disc golf course for their Friday league night, Fact has it that their Ace Pot is up to $1017.00 and they pay it all out for an ace.

Here are the maps of Shawnee and WyCo
                      Love the blog, Flash.

Good luck to you and all the Oregon dudes!

Comment

From Mike's blog:

...Jeff starts up the Bagerty Machine and cranks out some insane distance on this course...

Great stuff.
                        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

wow some of these courses are unreal, some are where you don't wont to be afterdark, didn't do to well in my field events, didn't get there till afternoon and the wind was not good , putting was hard, skills were hard, mini golf went well just to many o.b.'s, seen most the oregon boys to wish them luck, lightning is just awesome and the humidity is not that bad. I'll try to represent the mm1 boys the best I can

Comment

Day 1 looks like it's going to be very wet. We're off to buy umbrellas.

Comment

Oh holy crap... How old is this Wiggins kid again? 15? And he threw 567 feet. No biggie... except that it looks like he threw farther than any other American there, Avery Jenkins included. He would have finished 3rd in the Open Men competition.

Oh... and he finished the putting competition with 225 points - 2nd only to Yeti Reading - beating Feldberg and some other pretty good putters.

Unreal... and there is only a RUMOR that this kid is going to win?! Foregone conclusion sounds like a more apt description.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Oh holy crap... How old is this Wiggins kid again? 15? And he threw 567 feet. No biggie... except that it looks like he threw farther than any other American there, Avery Jenkins included. He would have finished 3rd in the Open Men competition.

Oh... and he finished the putting competition with 225 points - 2nd only to Yeti Reading - beating Feldberg and some other pretty good putters.

Unreal... and there is only a RUMOR that this kid is going to win?! Foregone conclusion sounds like a more apt description.
                                At first it might be easy to conclude that the dude is just a long drive freak - but he's nearly a 1000 rated player (988)! The kid seems to have a pretty complete game. Incredible.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X