Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the humidity isn't killer! I'm looking forward to it all the same though.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kdub1981 View Post
      Hopefully the humidity isn't killer! I'm looking forward to it all the same though.

Kevin

Good Luck on THAT one......
      1) Its SUMMER
      2 Your going to Kansas City
      3) Its ALWAYS Hot & Humid in Summer in Kansas City

You can BET on LOTS of bugs, Rain, Lightning, maybe even a delay or cancelled round due to EXTREME weather.

I would suggest requesting a room that faces to the west, that way you can watch the "light show" as it moves closer to you. VERY impressive if you have never been to the mid-west.

Good Luck to ALL Oregonians.....bring home some hardware.

Comment

Ummm since we just had nationals in south illinois, the humidity was a huge factor right off the bat... Drank about 40 oz of water every 9 holes and still felt dehydrated and my urine was dark yellow the whole way, I even drank tons of water a week before to get into good hydration and it wasn't enough. The body takes up to 7 days to be hydrated and less than a day to get dehydrated... drink that water and be careful with the beer...

Comment

the weather , the light bugs

hopefully nothing will change to much as far as the forecasts are going, looks like mid to lower 80's for highs and low 70's for lows, some days have possible thunderstorms in them, very lucky to not have higher highs and lows, humidity will still be there I'm sure, I have already started drinking a little more water than I usually do. I drink a few glasses a day already so I'm hoping that will help me, the light bugs will make a good night light for anyone camping, just put a couple in a jar, they usually don't make it till morning so that may not be animal friendly, I'm getting so stoked, my wife has some things packed already,

Comment

pool assignments

if your going the pool assignments are up

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
              if your going the pool assignments are up
              Pro Side:
              Pro Pools

Amateur Side
              Amateur Pools
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Interesting,

I downloaded the player lists and sorted the 4 advanced pools L, K ,M & N by rating and the top 4 Advanced Amateurs are all in Pool K. Coincidence or do you believe there is some prediction here as to who will win the event.

The pools are well divided and have equal skill levels across all pools so I am not worried about ratings being skewed but thought it interesting that the best are in the same pool. Rumor is that David Wiggins Jr will be our next champion but I am guessing the higher rated locals will not go down without a fight.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

4 oregon in same pool? special treatment requested? lol

Comment

Yes, you can request to be in a pool with your statemates, or whomever you like. There is a spot for it on the entry form, you fill in the names of others you would like to be pooled with. It's fun, you get to see more of friends both local and distant, and facilitates car-pooling: at least until the Great Shuffle! (Hint: make sure your friends also list you on their entry forms!)
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Yes, you can request to be in a pool with your statemates, or whomever you like. There is a spot for it on the entry form, you fill in the names of others you would like to be pooled with. It's fun, you get to see more of friends both local and distant, and facilitates car-pooling: at least until the Great Shuffle! (Hint: make sure your friends also list you on their entry forms!)
                      Thanks for the info Gawain, unfortunately I registered well after Jason did but it all worked out.

I did request Jason McGrew as a travel mate as we are sharing a car but just thought it funny we all made the same pool out of 4 possible pools. I am glad we are all in the same pool as I have never met Kevin Watson and Peter is a cool dude and shoots some pretty hot rounds!
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

I guess that makes it easier for us to track how y'all doing... 1st, from oregon, 2nd from oregon, 3rd from oregon... i wish... it could happen, MAKE IT HAPPEN! no pressure guys, have fun...

Comment

I'll be around. I have a ton of family in the KC area so I plan to make those rounds and play a little disc golf at the same time. Looking forward to meeting up with my fellow Oregonians though.

I'm borrowing my cousins 1992 Toyota Camry with no A/C so that should be sweet.

Kevin Watson

Comment

Good luck out there Watson!
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

for those who may be driving

I will be heading out friday early afternoon, I plan on hitting I-84 about 3 o'clock, stops at pendleton, boise, ogden for the night, cheyenne, lincoln, then k.c. around midnight, I-84 to I-80 to highway 2 to I-29 , only four switches not bad for 1800 miles, anybody wanting to switch info in case of a problem or saftey in numbers just send me a messege

Comment

Originally posted by kdub1981 View Post
                                I'll be around. I have a ton of family in the KC area so I plan to make those rounds and play a little disc golf at the same time. Looking forward to meeting up with my fellow Oregonians though.

I'm borrowing my cousins 1992 Toyota Camry with no A/C so that should be sweet.

Kevin Watson
                                Go get um Kevin...........best of luck to you and all the other Oregonians.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X