Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question if you putt and step over your mini wether you loose your balance or not is that a fault. Happened in my group this weekend where inside the circle they released their putt, and after the release they stepped over their mini not necessarily loosing their balance, but just simply stepped over it. I really don't even think it had hit chains yet when they stepped over it. This was this person's first tournament, so I did not call them on it. I did mention it after the hole was completed that I thought they probably should watch that in the future. Also same person we were looking for a lost disc, and one of this person's friends picked up my mini before I took my 2nd shot. They thought I had left it, but would that have been a stoke on that person since it was their friend. I think I was way too nice cause that is potentially two stokes I let slide, which would have tied me for first

Cindy
    Last edited by LegoRules; July 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM. Reason: Added some additional thoughts.
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
      I have a question if you putt and step over your mini wether you loose your balance or not is that a fault. Happened in my group this weekend where inside the circle they released their putt, and after the release they stepped over their mini not necessarily loosing their balance, but just simply stepped over it. I really don't even think it had hit chains yet when they stepped over it. This was this person's first tournament, so I did not call them on it. I did mention it after the hole was completed that I thought they probably should watch that in the future. Also same person we were looking for a lost disc, and one of this person's friends picked up my mini before I took my 2nd shot. They thought I had left it, but would that have been a stoke on that person since it was their friend. I think I was way too nice cause that is potentially two stokes I let slide, which would have tied me for first

Cindy
      The first example is pretty clear cut - that would be a falling putt. When inside the circle you must display balance before moving past your marker. Keep in mind that this not an automatic penalty. The first offense is a warning and the offending player retakes the putt.

The second example is a little tricky. Was the friend a caddy, or just a spectator? If the friend was a caddy, then the rules seem pretty clear:
      803.07 C. Any player who consciously alters the course of a thrown disc, or consciously moves or
      obscures another player's thrown disc at rest or a marker disc, other than by the action of a
      competitively thrown disc or in the process of identification, shall receive two penalty
      throws, without a warning, if observed by any two players or an official.
      and
      801.01 D. Players are responsible for the actions of their caddies.
      Players shall receive warnings and penalties (where applicable) for the
      actions of their caddies.
      However, if the person who moved the marker disc was merely a spectator then the marker would be moved to its approximate location without penalty per
      803.07 B B. If a disc at rest on the playing surface or supported by the target is moved, the disc shall be replaced as close as possible to its original location, as determined by a majority of the group or an official. If a marker disc is moved, the marker disc shall be replaced as close as possible to its original location, as determined by a majority of the group or an official.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Can Tone Poles still be used in PDGA tournament Play?, I think target was because of this inclusion and I believe it was defined in a previous rule book (target)
        Yes. See table on page 4: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...ndardsV1-2.pdf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X