Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehhh i say there is a small delay before going forward but at worst it's a "tie goes to the runner" situation plus no one in the group calls it so.....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      but that will not stop the fact that the dude was clearly off-balance throughout the entire motion and only regained his balance as he picked up his disc and moved past his mark.
      and his disc is at rest at this point of the putt.......

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        No, Nate. You're not getting it. You can look at it in slow-mo all you want but that is not really going to help you. You can also practice it all you want but that will not stop the fact that the dude was clearly off-balance throughout the entire motion and only regained his balance as he picked up his disc and moved past his mark. Anyway, it still could have been called and seconded and would have resulted in the putt being considered a falling putt.

Sheesh... do you have money on this or something?
        He does a very similar motion on his putt on hole 3 and his first step in showing full control of balance is a step past the mark, falling putt?

Comment

Yeah... still don't think you are getting it. Full control of balance has to happen behind the mark - not in front of it. If he did it on hole 3, that would be a falling putt as well, yes.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Apparently in most people's comments and opinions, two feet standing up behind the mark is definied as full control and one leg is not... PDGA needs to elaborate on this ruling, too much grey area.

Edit: After looking through some more videos online that Barsby is in, this is his putting form and the majority of his "full control of balance" steps are ahead of the mark and no one has said anything since...
            Last edited by snap7times; June 18th, 2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

A falling putt was not called so it wasn't a falling putt.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I just saw the video for the first time without reading the thread first, and that, in the moment, was absolutely a stance violation. However, there's no arguing with Red5- it was not a falling putt because it wasn't called/seconded by a player or official. If I was on Barsby's card, I would have called it instantly.

And NWdiscer, quote the part of the rulebook that even remotely mentions the slightest connection between "stance violation" and "disc at rest". Exactly- the connection doesn't exist. People have tried to defend their falling putts to me before using that same creative logic, usually right after performing a creative arm-windmilling dance, like a referee calling a field goal over, and over, and over... they lost the argument, too.
                Last edited by ChUcK; June 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM.
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I just had my first chance to finally watch the video. That was not a falling putt. If standing on one foot and reaching down to pick up the mini isn't showing balance then I don't know what is.

Comment

I think his body was still in a somewhat foreward motion towards the basket, so he didnt show complete balance, but since no one on his card called him on it, its not a big deal. In this case, its not a "called" falling putt.
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I don't think the discussion is whether or not it was a falling putt but rather what is a falling putt.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                        I don't think the discussion is whether or not it was a falling putt but rather what is a falling putt.
                        Funny, and all this time I thought this discussion was about disc videos! That's what I get for reading the thread title. I could have sworn that there was a different thread for this very topic.

Let's keep the sweet videos rolling in.
                        Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                        PDGA #37890
                        Stumptown #157
                        ODW TDG 10-11
                        3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          I just had my first chance to finally watch the video. That was not a falling putt. If standing on one foot and reaching down to pick up the mini isn't showing balance then I don't know what is.
                          You = not understanding the rules.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post

And NWdiscer, quote the part of the rulebook that even remotely mentions the slightest connection between "stance violation" and "disc at rest". Exactly- the connection doesn't exist. People have tried to defend their falling putts to me before using that same creative logic, usually right after performing a creative arm-windmilling dance, like a referee calling a field goal over, and over, and over... they lost the argument, too.

so chuck just how long should some1 have to show balance ????

if not only till the disc comes to rest??

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post

Check your PMs, I spelled it out for you. Have you ever read a PDGA rulebook?

Tennessee, keep making videos. The fact that we have such a lengthy discussion going over this indicated that you are taking great footage and editing it well. Props!
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                                Check your PMs, I spelled it out for you. Have you ever read a PDGA rulebook?

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by NWDiscer View Post

All you have to do is demonstrate full control of balance before advancing towards the hole. You could be in the circle, throw a towering spike hyzer 300 ft in the air, and step towards the basket before the disc even reached its apex, as long as you have demonstrated full control of balance before advancing towards the hole.

So you are saying that in the circle i can throw a spike hyzer str8 up in the air then move forward over my mini????before my disc hits the basket or the ground

That is incorrect sir.

I do not see why this is so confusing to you. The murky part of the rule is what constitutes a show of balance, not whether or not the disc is at rest. This issue has nothing to do with the status of the disc.
                                (repeat after me)
                                This issue has nothing to do with the status of the disc.

how can it not have anything to do with the status of the disc while it is in flight?

Barsby's putt should have been called/seconded because he putted and advanced towards the hole in the same motion with no display of balance. Sure, he is athletic enough to keep from falling and turn it into a display of grace after he moved towards the hole, but the video doesn't lie- he turned his fall into a mini pickup.

you contradict yourself with this statement

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X