Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Elections

Hello All,

If you are a current PDGA member you will shortly be receiving a ballot for the upcoming PDGA Board of Director elections. If you would like to get more information on the upcoming election, please visit this link.

I would also like to encourage you to vote for me and the other incumbents; Ron Convers, Jr. #9648, Robert W. Decker, CPA # 17745 and Juliana Korver #7438. Together, we have worked very hard to further the sport of disc golf, but there is still a lot more to accomplish so please send all of us back to the Board. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or you may contact me at the address below.

Regards,

Todd Andrews PDGA# 13590
    todd(dot)andrews(at)orsdiscgolf(dot)com
    Regards,

Todd Andrews

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
    Hello All,

If you are a current PDGA member you will shortly be receiving a ballot for the upcoming PDGA Board of Director elections. If you would like to get more information on the upcoming election, please visit this link.

I would also like to encourage you to vote for me and the other incumbents; Ron Convers, Jr. #9648, Robert W. Decker, CPA # 17745 and Juliana Korver #7438. Together, we have worked very hard to further the sport of disc golf, but there is still a lot more to accomplish so please send all of us back to the Board. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or you may contact me at the address below.

Regards,

Todd Andrews PDGA# 13590
    todd(dot)andrews(at)orsdiscgolf(dot)com

Hi Todd, i was curious about how much disc golf you actually play? and how does it compare with how much you used to play in the past?
    Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
      Hi Todd, i was curious about how much disc golf you actually play? and how does it compare with how much you used to play in the past?
      Ouch!

Comment

Can we get that two minute warning thing worked out like we discussed? Rather than have that be the cessation point for... uh... performance enhancing drugs... maybe we could make it like a "last call". You now have two minutes to finish that beer.

Or add a four minute warning so we know that we only have two minutes left to consume.

Come on, Todd... do it for the players.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Can we get that two minute warning thing worked out like we discussed? Rather than have that be the cessation point for... uh... performance enhancing drugs... maybe we could make it like a "last call". You now have two minutes to finish that beer.

Or add a four minute warning so we know that we only have two minutes left to consume.

Come on, Todd... do it for the players.
          You could Totally get momentum behind this if you were on the board! you should run for one of the board positions Sam!!
          Team Meteor

Comment

You could Totally get momentum behind this if you were on the board! you should run for one of the board positions Sam!!
            The only place Sam would get votes is on... Survivor: Milo McIver

The tribe has spoken.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              The only place Sam would get votes is on... Survivor: Milo McIver

The tribe has spoken.
              EPIC LAWLS
              PDGA # 31451
              2 Mini Aces
              74 Aces
              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
              DISC GOLF OR DIE
              BOB CABAL
              DISCVANGO
              JEFF ELLIOT
              G-MAN
              JORDAN LEWIS
              JEFF HAGERTY
              JAMES GARCELON
              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

That's probably about right.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

@ Tyvek
                  I have been playing for almost 30 years. I do not play as much as I used to (nor as much as I would like to) due to injuries, job commitments, running events and other obligations. When I was younger, unmarried and unemployed I used to play everyday (go figure). At the moment I have committed to working to better disc golf from the administrative side and hope to be able to play more in the future.

@ Sam
                  I think you need to look again at your question and figure out if there is someone else that would be more advantageous for you to talk to.

Regards,

Todd
                  Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

I forget- do we get to read statements written by the people running for office before voting? I'd like to see what Feldberg wants to bring to the BOD, see if it's saucy enough to convince me to vote for him instead of Todd. Any politically correct insider information?
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Daveburg, going on what he accomplished as State Coordinator, seems to be somewhat of a flake.
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

@ChUcK

Candidate statements should be released shortly. I too will be interested in what Dave has to say.

Todd
                        Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                          I forget- do we get to read statements written by the people running for office before voting? I'd like to see what Feldberg wants to bring to the BOD, see if it's saucy enough to convince me to vote for him instead of Todd. Any politically correct insider information?
                          A few highlights of his time as State Coordinator...

One year he forgot to send an OR state rep to USDGC.
                          The next year he nearly did the same thing, but someone hounded him until the rep was specified.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything.

I'm not trying to dog on Feldberg. He's a great golfer and no one can deny that, but that doesn't necessarily translate to other areas where a different set of skills might be needed.

As a current member of the PDGA BOD and a key member of the obviously successful OR Series team, Todd Andrews has already dedicated a considerable amount of his time to our sport. I for one would like to see him have the opportunity to continue with the momentum he has built up during his first couple of years on the PDGA BOD.

Vote for the guy... if he screws up... we can fire him next time
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

my question was to get some basis on why to vote for Mr. andrews. i am not going to vote for somebody just because they ask for it. i want it to be for somebody that has a disc golfers perspective in mind and not just administrative stuff.

Todd seemed way to much like a puffed up poitician to me at the BSF, so i wanted to see if he plays much any more. i am sure he did at one point.
                            that is why i asked the question in the first place.

thank you for your answer. i look forward to reading your statement when they are released for voting.
                            Team Meteor

Comment

i want it to be for somebody that has a disc golfers perspective in mind and not just administrative stuff.
                              These are not mutually exclusive. He's been playing for almost 30 years. I think Todd has a pretty good handle on a disc golfer's perspective. Someone has to handle the often boring and time consuming administrative stuff. I doubt a touring pro can really make that kind of time commitment.
                              Current World Rank: 2857th
                              Lowest Rated Round: 777
                              Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                              Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                              Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                              Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                              Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                              Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X