PDGA Elections Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I am going to throw one question into the blender here:

    What are ways that PDGA and it's BOD can do to implement/encourage disc golf for those who are deaf, blind, disabled, mentally challenged, and so forth?

    (I personally would love to see subtitles on some of the pdga videos, transcripts of the radio shows and more show of those who are interested in working with the challenged groups.)
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

    Comment


    • #32
      I cant really picture blind disc golfers, but im sure there are some. I havent heard of any. Im sure the PDGA and the BOD would easily work with all disabilties, since they are becoming more and more mainstream now.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I was kind of hoping that Dave would win me over with a brilliant statement. It didn't happen. Instead, all we got was, "I'm Dave Feldberg. Please vote for me. Did I mention that I am Dave Feldberg?"
        Isn't that what Todd did at the BSF?

        Bob

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          Isn't that what Todd did at the BSF?

          Bob
          Maybe so, but his candidate statement was a little more in depth.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            I cant really picture blind disc golfers, but im sure there are some. I havent heard of any. Im sure the PDGA and the BOD would easily work with all disabilties, since they are becoming more and more mainstream now.
            I have a buddy who is legally blind and is a pretty good golfer. He can see light and dark and the outlines of baskets.......He does need some help finding his disc from time to time though.

            Comment


            • #36
              We just need the disc golf version now...
              http://www.switched.com/2009/06/25/m...elps-disabled/

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jester View Post
                I have a buddy who is legally blind and is a pretty good golfer. He can see light and dark and the outlines of baskets.......He does need some help finding his disc from time to time though.
                Do you ever slip a Roadrunner into his hand when he asks for his Xcal?
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                  Do you ever slip a Roadrunner into his hand when he asks for his Xcal?
                  I haven't tried that yet but that is a great idea! Honestly though, he only carries three discs so it is hard to put one past him.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                    I am going to throw one question into the blender here:

                    What are ways that PDGA and it's BOD can do to implement/encourage disc golf for those who are deaf, blind, disabled, mentally challenged, and so forth?

                    (I personally would love to see subtitles on some of the pdga videos, transcripts of the radio shows and more show of those who are interested in working with the challenged groups.)
                    Mystjava,

                    I think that as the organization grows we will need to be able to address these issues. The best way to do this would be to form a committee that could advise the BoD on these matters. Perhaps someone from the Deaf Disc Golf Assn. would like to take this on? If there is an interest in this I will bring it up at the next BoD meeting on July 1st.

                    Regards,

                    Todd
                    Regards,

                    Todd Andrews

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I find all the Dave bashing interesting. Back in 2001 when Dave first moved to the NW. Most of the ones posting here were "over the moon" with a world class player as the State rep. And you have to admit when both he and Avery moved WEST to Oregun they put us on the DG Map. One thing Dave does bring to the table is connections. Todd has Conan offered you a guest slot? Another thing Dave brings to the table is marketability something we desperately need. Climo is a great champ but those ears will never fly.
                      rewindb.com

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        I find all the Dave bashing interesting. Back in 2001 when Dave first moved to the NW. Most of the ones posting here were "over the moon" with a world class player as the State rep. And you have to admit when both he and Avery moved WEST to Oregun they put us on the DG Map. One thing Dave does bring to the table is connections. Todd has Conan offered you a guest slot? Another thing Dave brings to the table is marketability something we desperately need. Climo is a great champ but those ears will never fly.
                        Sponsors are not paying attention to the marketability of the PDGA BoD. Marketability as a player, yes. That's got nothing to do with being on the BoD. If someone underperformed in one position, it's clearly not "bashing" to point that out when they apply for a position with more responsibility.

                        Gee, I wonder if we could find any examples of personal grudges resulting in "bashing" in the NW disc golf scene internet universe? I'm sure there's no connection here.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          Sponsors are not paying attention to the marketability of the PDGA BoD. Marketability as a player, yes. That's got nothing to do with being on the BoD. If someone underperformed in one position, it's clearly not "bashing" to point that out when they apply for a position with more responsibility.
                          Sponsors look at everything and everybody. All of the time

                          Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                          Gee, I wonder if we could find any examples of personal grudges resulting in "bashing" in the NW disc golf scene internet universe? I'm sure there's no connection here.
                          .

                          If I really wanted to bash someone it would be about committing to run a series then backing out at the last minute because WE/I are burnt out. It seems to me that if someone says they are burnt out in one area dose it not stand to reason that they might be burnt out on the whole thing? If not how soon will it be before they burn out?
                          rewindb.com

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                            I find all the Dave bashing interesting. Back in 2001 when Dave first moved to the NW. Most of the ones posting here were "over the moon" with a world class player as the State rep. And you have to admit when both he and Avery moved WEST to Oregun they put us on the DG Map. One thing Dave does bring to the table is connections. Todd has Conan offered you a guest slot? Another thing Dave brings to the table is marketability something we desperately need. Climo is a great champ but those ears will never fly.

                            Wipe off your chin, Jub.
                            Theres something white & globby hanging from it..............

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Now Mags Thats not very nice!!!!
                              rewindb.com

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                                Sponsors look at everything and everybody. All of the time

                                .

                                If I really wanted to bash someone it would be about committing to run a series then backing out at the last minute because WE/I are burnt out. It seems to me that if someone says they are burnt out in one area dose it not stand to reason that they might be burnt out on the whole thing? If not how soon will it be before they burn out?
                                JubJub,

                                If this is in reference to the OR series, I have to wonder if you ever bother to THINK about the crap you're writing beforehand? Yeah, they certainly have some kind of nerve... allowing something trivial... you know.... like a divorce... to get in the way of all of the tournaments they were helping organize for people in the NW.
                                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X