X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
    my question was to get some basis on why to vote for Mr. andrews. i am not going to vote for somebody just because they ask for it. i want it to be for somebody that has a disc golfers perspective in mind and not just administrative stuff.

Todd seemed way to much like a puffed up poitician to me at the BSF, so i wanted to see if he plays much any more. i am sure he did at one point.
    that is why i asked the question in the first place.

thank you for your answer. i look forward to reading your statement when they are released for voting.

Any idea what you "seemed like"? People can "seem like" a lot of things. Todd's a little puffy, sure, but I wouldn't hold it against him. Plus, I like the looks of his dog..if that IS his dog, and not just an obvious ploy to get votes. That dog looks a lot like my old dog, and on that basis, plus the fact that Todd Andrews seems like he has just the right amount of puffiness - he is getting my vote. Congratulations Todd!

Comment

@ Tyvek

Sorry to hear that you thought I "seemed way to much like a puffed up politician". If you had attended any Oregon Series event in the last 8 years and talked to me there you may have thought otherwise. I would be more than happy to post my candidate statement, but I was kind of waiting until the rest were posted.

In 30 years of golfing I have been a recreational player, an amateur player and a Tournament Director. I try to take all of these user groups, including the pros, into consideration when making decisions about what is best for the sport of disc golf.

Regards,

Todd
      Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Matt,

Thanks again buddy. That is indeed my dog Maggie Mae. She chases squirrels and cats, but not plastic discs.

Todd
        Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

A non-disc golfing dog? Not on my BOD!HEHEHE
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Getting down on Todd because he comes off as a puffed-up politician would be like getting down on me because I speak my mind. (Am I helping, Todd? )

Seriously... I have no reason to vote against Todd and he will be receiving my vote. Thanks for all that you do, Mr. Andrews.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

i didnt make a decision yet on who i will vote for, but i know that it wouldnt be right of me to base it only upon my impression of him at the BSF. thats why i asked the questions that i asked. i want to get a better feel of what he is like. and what he has been doing and will do to promote the sport.

yeah it might have sounded rude the way i put the question, but it was straight forward and legitimate in my eyes. i would not vote for dave just because he is a world champion, i want to see what he has to say before i make my decision. i also recognize that Todd may have been a little more uptight because it was a NT event.

the one thing that initialy turned me off was the fact that He came up to the microphone at the players meeting and just started asking people to vote for him. that is where my "politician" comment came from. i dont know Todd, the first time i heard of him was at the BSF so i dont have any history to base a decision on, thats why i am asking questions.
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Candidate statements will be released this week on PDGA.com and they will also be available with your ballot. Hopefully they will incite a more lively discussion when they come out.

I suppose I should have told a few jokes before asking for anyone's vote at the BSF, but most of the ones I know are not appropriate for that venue.

Regards,

Todd
                Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Candidate statements have been posted on the PDGA website.
                  Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Looks like you've got my vote, Todd.

Comment

Considering how one of the issues I see raised most is the poorly-worded Rulebook, this statement by Feldberg makes me cringe:

"...I would like to pursue a more of the behind the scenes involvement in the PDGA."

I'm sorry, but the barrage of qualifications listed by Dave makes me want to vote for him less. Being a World Champ makes not a successful politician. Besides, if Dave was on the BOD his play would go down the toilet, and who else will be the perfect foil to Nikko's ass-ness? I'd rather see the players play and the thinkers think.

Todd, I like all of the issues you mentioned along with plausible solutions. I wrote my first sentence above before reading your statement, and it seems like you have a firm grasp on the real issues of disc golf. Word. At the risk of asking you to spill your guts on a silly forum, how would you implement the requirement of PDGA Official for all pros?
                      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I was kind of hoping that Dave would win me over with a brilliant statement. It didn't happen. Instead, all we got was, "I'm Dave Feldberg. Please vote for me. Did I mention that I am Dave Feldberg?"

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                          how would you implement the requirement of PDGA Official for all pros?
                          ChUcK,

It would be pretty simple really. Certified officials are tracked just like current PDGA membership. So, just like the requirement to be a current member at certain tournaments you would be required to be a certified official in order to play pro at certain tournaments. We will be moving toward making the official's tests available on-line soon so it should not be an issue with becoming an official at the last minute.

Regards,

Todd
                          Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Andrews View Post
                            ChUcK,

It would be pretty simple really. Certified officials are tracked just like current PDGA membership. So, just like the requirement to be a current member at certain tournaments you would be required to be a certified official in order to play pro at certain tournaments. We will be moving toward making the official's tests available on-line soon so it should not be an issue with becoming an official at the last minute.

Regards,

Todd
                            I like the idea of this wicket for professional competition (at what, A-tiers and above? B-tiers?) but at the same time I think it risks cheapening the title PDGA Official. What if there was a separate 'rules knowledge' test that pros had to pass? Even if it was the same exact test with a different title, it would still create a distinct difference between competitor and event marshal. This could be beneficial down the road, when Wiggins Jr. and Spencer are battling for a cool million in cash, to have actual, differently certified Event Marshals on the course instead of just some Pro that has nothing better to do.
                            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

PDGA Marshals already have to demonstrate a higher level of rules awareness before they can marshal an event. I do see where you are going with this though and I will take it into consideration.
                              Regards,

Todd Andrews

Comment

You know, I think I knew that but oh, how unused knowledge goes by the wayside.

Well, I don't mean to put you through the wringer, Todd. You've got my vote in the bag (and had it last election, too). Thanks for being patient with my questions.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X