Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the ruling if a spectator has a photograph of the following putt. Can the spectator call to attention the possible violation or is he/she to remain silent?

Comment

That would all have to happen pretty quickly. I believe that there is a time-limit to calling a falling putt.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by voelker View Post
        What is the ruling if a spectator has a photograph of the following putt. Can the spectator call to attention the possible violation or is he/she to remain silent?
        Instant replay in Disc Golf?

Doesn't the infraction have to be called within a certain period of time? I thought it was two seconds or so.

Comment

It did happen pretty quickly, but seeing as I was the spectator I was not going to interrupt play to say "hey wait, I finally have photographic evidence that that guys jump putt is illegal". After the round was over everyone in the group agreed (except him) that the putt in the photo was an illegal one. However I do believe that players grant each other a lot of leeway when it comes to violations of this nature, thats why it was never called during the round.

Comment

He was the last to putt and I'd say about 10 seconds lapsed between his putt and me realizing what my photo showed.

Comment

F. A stance violation must be clearly called within three seconds after the infraction to be valid. The call may be made by any member of the group
              or an official.
              When the call is made by a member of the group, it must subsequently be confirmed by another member of the group. A player shall receive a warning for the first violation of a stance rule in the round.

Comment

He was the last to putt and I'd say about 10 seconds lapsed between his putt and me realizing what my photo showed.
                I would submit it to the disc golfer magazine as proof that jump putts can't all be legal or proven legal within 3 seconds. We need to better define the jump putt such that it is not a lean in jumper!
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

I think I heard that there was talk of eliminating the putting circle completely, making jump putts and falling putts legal at any distance. Does that sound familiar to anyone, or was it just a dream?

Comment

Next year is tentatively when all of the accumulated ideas for improving rules will be reviewed and some implemented in the rules update expected to be in place for 2011.

Comment

I believe that's the way it was to begin with but due to personal injury and basket damage they changed the rule, I believe Shaq ripped down a basket and sprained his ankle while performing a monster jam from 10 feet,the other problem was while preforming the up close monster jams it was hard to tell if you touched down after launching before letting go of the disc,my favorite was the two handed side jump jam,launch your feet in front of you and swing around the basket while dunking with both hands,don't get your fingers caught in the chains though it hurts

Comment

Chuck, is there a list of issues up for debate anywhere? I'd be interested to see all the specific rules that are up for inclusion/removal/modification.

Can we add a rule that requires you to read the rulebook?
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I don't see why a spectator couldn't voice his/her opinion on the legality of a player's putt. Doesn't the crowd go nuts when they think a baseball umpire missed a call? The crowd can't actually legally call a foul, but they can point out the fact that a player is repeatedly committing infractions, thereby drawing the attention of those who can make the call.

Obviously walking with the gallery is not the same as courtside seats at a Lakers game, but there are plenty of instances when it is acceptable for the gallery to make noise. Your noise just happens to be "___ is foot-faulting every putt!" instead of "Yay!".
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I believe the board of directors vote on that so Chris or Todd should be able to help you out,as a pdga member you can petition the board on anything you see fit to be looked into or changed

Comment

i have just been reading these comments and stuff but i think while the disc is rolling you can go walk to it cause here at the USDGC Final Round nate doss walks to a rolling disc

Comment

sry heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXjUQpymjr0 its at 2:00

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X