Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All equipment is new at some point. For all we know these could turn out to be the next standard that everything else is compared to. I don't think anyone should pass judgment until the new baskets are complete and have been experienced first hand. If they are built to PDGA specs then the anchors will be compatible with everything else anyway so they could be switched out if needed.
    This is a well thought out and reasoned opinion. Unfortunately, logic does not always have a place when it comes to DGers expectations at large tournaments. The new baskets could even be BETTER than every other basket design and there would still be complaints!

By the way, I am not trying to bash anyone's efforts or course (my last few posts may have seemed negative in tone). However, I am very concerned that Oregon put on the best Worlds possible. The primary volunteers (I may be one of them) will be giving up 2 years of their spare time to organize and run the tournament. I would not want to have people come back and complain about the courses like Minnesota Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
      I would not want to have people come back and complain about the courses like Minnesota Worlds.
      Must have meant maybe Michigan (either one)?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
        Must have meant maybe Michigan (either one)?
        I think he was talking about Wisconsin where they made all of the AMs play stupid little pitch and putt courses when there were pro pads available and going unused. Everyone I know who went that year was very pissed about the short courses.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I was involved from the PDGA in evaluating and suggesting appropriate pin placements for that Worlds and was shocked when I heard what layouts were actually used. There's no question they got decent scoring spreads for most divisions. However, I think the experience was "cheapened" for the Advanced men which is the largest pool. I think the relentless demand to host more players at Am Worlds is going to prevent longer courses being used just due to scheduling issues.

Comment

Yes, sorry, I meant Wisconsin. From what I heard, the scoring spreads were due to dumb luck rather than skill (i.e. hitting a 1" small stump when the disc is skidding on a perfect line and then kicking 50ft off into the briars).

The top 1/2 of the advanced field at Worlds might as well be playing pro (and many do w/o taking cash). The difficulty of the courses need to reflect that.

Comment

To give one an idea of what the courses were like in Milwaukee, I threw my gator off the t-pad more then any other disc. And it's an old school super stable gator... So the holes weren't exactly long...

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
              Yes, sorry, I meant Wisconsin. From what I heard, the scoring spreads were due to dumb luck rather than skill (i.e. hitting a 1" small stump when the disc is skidding on a perfect line and then kicking 50ft off into the briars).

The top 1/2 of the advanced field at Worlds might as well be playing pro (and many do w/o taking cash). The difficulty of the courses need to reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
                To give one an idea of what the courses were like in Milwaukee, I threw my gator off the t-pad more then any other disc. And it's an old school super stable gator... So the holes weren't exactly long...
                One day I drove almost every hole with by Breeze, it was awesome
                Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X