X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings Calculations

I was just reading the ratings guide and it states that the most recent 25% of your rated rounds will be "double-weighted".

Does that mean that I add those numbers into the calculation twice? I assume that is what it means, but I want to be sure.

Clearly work is not challenging enough today.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Originally posted by all2common View Post
    I was just reading the ratings guide and it states that the most recent 25% of your rated rounds will be "double-weighted".

Does that mean that I add those numbers into the calculation twice? I assume that is what it means, but I want to be sure.

Clearly work is not challenging enough today.
    Yes.
    Current World Rank: 2857th
    Lowest Rated Round: 777
    Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
    Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
    Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
    Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
    Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
    Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

What I don't understand is what you do if 25% of your included rounds does not come out to be a whole number. Do you round up, round down, or something else altogether.

For example. If you have 10 rounds, do you double weight the last 2 rounds or the last 3 rounds?

Comment

I have a question too. I noticed that some of the round ratings don't seem to be available to view anymore on some events. For example the Aloha Sushi I can no longer see the round ratings. I know they were there at one time. I was wondering why that is.

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
          I have a question too. I noticed that some of the round ratings don't seem to be available to view anymore on some events. For example the Aloha Sushi I can no longer see the round ratings. I know they were there at one time. I was wondering why that is.

Cindy
          I forget why the ratings aren't available but they will be back after the next ratings update. I believe it has something to do with when the TD submits the final TD report.

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
            I forget why the ratings aren't available but they will be back after the next ratings update. I believe it has something to do with when the TD submits the final TD report.
            The Sushi was on March 21st & 22nd, and I know they were there at one time. They are not now though, and darn it I did not write them down.

Cindy
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

I didn't write mine down either. I always forget until right before a ratings update, then they disappear until after the update. One of these times...
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Cindy
                Cindy,

Just prior to every ratings update the PDGA removes the TEMPORARY ratings for events that have had the final TD reports submitted. (So the fact that the rounds are gone shows that the Walla Walla dudes did their job). The results will normally stay "gone" until the rating update on May 19th. In the meantime, all of those results will go through the statistical grinder again and become FINAL with the update.

Jeff
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  Cindy,

Just prior to every ratings update the PDGA removes the TEMPORARY ratings for events that have had the final TD reports submitted. (So the fact that the rounds are gone shows that the Walla Walla dudes did their job). The results will normally stay "gone" until the rating update on May 19th. In the meantime, all of those results will go through the statistical grinder again and become FINAL with the update.

Jeff
                  So then if the ratings are still shown on an event does that mean they might not be counted in the next update. Both the GNWO and the BSF fundraiser round ratings can still be viewed.

Cindy
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

So then if the ratings are still shown on an event does that mean they might not be counted in the next update. Both the GNWO and the BSF fundraiser round ratings can still be viewed.

Cindy
                    That is correct. Those reports would have to be in before end of day today.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      That is correct. Those reports would have to be in before end of day today.
                      Which has already passed in Georgia.

Comment

The ratings from GNO and the fundraiser should still make it into the update. The unofficial round ratings don't go away instantaneously when the final TD report is submitted but when the PDGA updates points/money totals and moves events with completed TD reports into peoples personal results. I expect (and hope) they will both be included in the update.
                        Nate
                        Innova Champion Discs
                        Discmania
                        huk lab
                        Keen Footwear
                        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                          The ratings from GNO and the fundraiser should still make it into the update. The unofficial round ratings don't go away instantaneously when the final TD report is submitted but when the PDGA updates points/money totals and moves events with completed TD reports into peoples personal results. I expect (and hope) they will both be included in the update.
                          Nate
                          Ok the BSF fundraiser round ratings have disappeared, so maybe that means those rounds will be used in the next update The GNWO rounds ratings are still showing though.

Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they (GNO ratings) do not get in this update.

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                              What I don't understand is what you do if 25% of your included rounds does not come out to be a whole number. Do you round up, round down, or something else altogether.

For example. If you have 10 rounds, do you double weight the last 2 rounds or the last 3 rounds?
                              Still hoping someone can give me the answer to this. Chuck?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X