Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has two courses been used for multi day tournaments?

Hey all, a question was posed to both myself and Stub Stewart Park (they're working on a course and applied for a grant too). The question is "Will you be able to partner with State Parks (or Horning's) in hosting tournaments if they developed disc golf facilities?" in other words the grant committee is wondering if there is precident for using a couple of courses in a multi day tournament? I think there is, but not sure, any info?
    Thanks, Bob

Yes, I think it's pretty common.

By the way, how goes the grant thing?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post

WOW, that was quick! anything happening this year that I can refer too?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post

I go in for an interview this Thursday, so I think that's a good sign.

Comment

The Willamete Open, held later in the year, normally uses 2 courses for the event. Adair, and Willamete Park. Both are in Corvallis. 1 north of town, and 1 south. They used a 3rd course last year for the Final 9.

I also believe that the Calapooia Classic used 2-3 different courses last year.

Also the Rose City Open uses 2 courses, Pier and Trojan.
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I do believe one example would be the Rose City Open. I know that they split that up between Pier and Trojan. 2 rounds at one location on the first day, and then 1 round on the other the following day.
            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
            PDGA #37890
            Stumptown #157
            ODW TDG 10-11
            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

The Rose City Open will be played at two courses here in Portland (kinda). Pier Park and Trojan Park.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wow... are we here to help or what?
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Wow... are we here to help or what?
                  Thanks all, this does help a ton!!

Comment

According to TreeLove's calendar, the 2009 Rose City Open will be at two courses again, July 11 & 12.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

ODDGA will use 2 courses for their summer open, Tom Pearce and Lake Selmac.
                      The PDGA Worlds uses more than just 2 courses.
                      Deaf Nationals always uses at least 2 courses.
                      2-3 course tournaments happen everywhere...
                      I just played a 2 course single day tournament last weekend...

Comment

Hey Bob,

Are you applying for a grant through the washington county recreation and tourism, or this grant Washington County Grants?

I am working with Steve Kruger on the course at SSSP and he asked us( stumptown disc golf) to write up a support proposal for the course.

To answer your question, yes multiple courses are used and sometimes they include pay to pay places like yourself along side a state park.

The Eugene disc golf club used a pay to play course on a ball golf course called Oakway and Dexter State Park for a tournament they run every year called the Eugene Celebration. Unfortunately the ball golf course removed the disc golf portion but once upon a time.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X