X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    I would assume you would do the same thing you would do if only one person saw a foot fault. Not being a PDGA member or tournament player I don't know what that is though...
    Foot Fault's only need to be seen by 2 members of the group and then they call and 2nd it be4 the next throw by any1 else in said group.
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
      Foot Fault's only need to be seen by 2 members of the group and then they call and 2nd it be4 the next throw by any1 else in said group.
      Close, but not quite...

803.04 Stance, Subsequent to
      Teeing Off

F. A stance violation must be clearly
      called within three seconds after the
      infraction to be valid. The call may
      be made by any member of the group
      or an official. When the call is made
      by a member of the group, it must
      subsequently be confirmed by another
      member of the group. A player shall
      receive a warning for the fi rst violation
      of a stance rule in the round.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
        Bob's original question asked "what if only one person sees it" though.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
          Bob's original question asked "what if only one person sees it" though.

Depends on the person! An official or the TD can make that call alone.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Nate, I appreciate your enthusiasm for playing cop at a non-PDGA event but if you seriously threatened to harm people's property during the round if they did not stop smoking weed, you would only come off looking like an idiot.
            Not like I didn't give them a choice, and what if I park the shot? And they would have to hand me the stuff first so if they do and I throw it and they get pissed off, I just claim "2nd language misunderstanding"...
            But really, I think I laid on the "sarcasm" a little thick showing I wouldn't do that, but would love to anyways, just to say I did it...
            Point is, if they ask or go ahead without asking and I ask them to stop and they go ahead with it anyways, then that is just disrespectful and what happens next is always a mystery...

Comment

If only one sees it then he still says something seconded or not Then after the hole on the way to the next tee have a little discussion about the rule in question. It less confrontational for sure. As a TD if someone comes to me and has a complaint about someone else ( within the scope of the game) I will purposely speak to them about said issue not to embarass them but to settle the discussion.
              rewindb.com

Comment

I guess if I felt REALLY disturbed by somebody doing something "illegal" on a course during a PDGA round, I have a cell phone that has a camera. Need anymore proof than that?

Not that I can ever imagine having to resort to such a tactic, but, I suppose it is possible...
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers
                  I DQ'd a guy at the RCO that went out onto the highway to retrieve his disc after I expressly mentioned I would do so in the players meeting before the round. DON'T MAKE ME DQ YOU!

And rightly so! He's still sore about it and told me recently that he won't play the RCO if it's at Trojan again!

Comment

Because he can't help himself and HAS to go in the street that weekend - even if someone tells him not to? Is he sore at himself for breaking the simple rules that Jordan laid out for us?

I know it must suck to get DQ'd from a tournament but come on... get over it already and don't break the rules next time.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Because he can't help himself and HAS to go in the street that weekend - even if someone tells him not to? Is he sore at himself for breaking the simple rules that Jordan laid out for us?

I know it must suck to get DQ'd from a tournament but come on... get over it already and don't break the rules next time.

I meant "rightly so" he was DQ'ed. The way I heard it from people in his group was that even they told him not to do it, but he did it anyway. Personally, I loved playing the RCO at Trojan and am looking forward to it this year. Plus, I birdied that hole twice!

Comment

Yup, it's clear. Laws aren't necessarily morally correct. Rules of a game, on the other hand, are the agreement on which the game is based, and the players are agreed to the rules so as to insure, as best, that no unfair advantages exist for any single player, or group of players. The rules are the moral imperative, and the quality of the game is dependent upon the application of the agreed upon rules.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

The rest of this thread, which was for the most part not PDGA-related, has been moved here.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Good thinking!

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                            The rest of this thread, which was for the most part not PDGA-related, has been moved here.
                            I can get behind that move. Especially right before my angry post. Thanks for that. Nice job moderator!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by AchimbaProphet View Post
                              Your clear endorsement of illegal activites is not welcome.
                              Says you. I think most of the responses have been in support of not puffing or drinking during tournaments... but I can't be the only one who is rubbed the wrong way by the "holier than thou" attitude here. Most of your support is coming from people who recognize that this kind of thing could hurt the growth of disc golf, not because they are against smokin' weed because our goverment happens to call it illegal.

I don't know Jordan (SF), but if he's running the show at an informal event like Team Disc Golf, he's running the show. If he makes exception to that rule, he is simply saying: I don't care... take your chances. I don't think he believes that his exception overules county, state, or federal law.

Comment

The main problem with breaking the law is that enforcement officials and casual observers do not see person XYZ engaging in that action... they see disc golfers. Thus, the whole community and sport are condemned by one persons behavior. You can talk all you want about what should and should not be legal... the bottom line is that the people in charge of state and local parks do not like complaints. If they get enough then they resolve the problem by pulling the course.

As far as the PDGA rules are concerned, a TD could literally walk around and DQ anyone they see smoking weed at ANY time (camping at night, etc.). This also includes drinking in parks where drinking is not allowed. Any DQ action needs to be reported by the TD in his/her tournament report to the PDGA. The PDGA disciplinary committee is then informed and they decide on further actions (suspensions, probations, etc.). Note that the RCO in years past has gotten an alcohol exemption for the area around tournament central.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X