Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest thing is that if you want to smoke weed, go ahead. If a cop sees us, they wont see me smoking, and if they search my bag, they wont find any.If you want to smoke and take that chance, go ahead. you are the one takin the chance, not me. As far as alcohol.....yeah i ahve taken the risk many times, and who knows? I may in the future. But, I would be the one taking the risk.So yeah, in a way I do condone illegal behavior, but if its me, or someone else taking the chance, you are the one taking the risk.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

and NO!!!!! I dont condone such habits in this sport, nor do I condemn it. as far as I am concerened, whether it be weed, alcohol, or any other substance. you take the risk yourself.

Comment

Achimba, let's say you are at a tournament that is non-PDGA and the tournament director decides to not play police and enforce the law during his or her tournament. When you see people smoking pot, what would you do?

Do you think that non-PDGA tournament directors say, "Please... break the law"? Seriously... have you been to many tournaments?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

No matter what. if the course allows alcohol and you dont violate PDGA rules, during a PDGA event, then there is no problem with it. If the general park rules forbid alcohol, and you violate that, you are subject to the TD's ruling. As far as weed goes. it is illegal no mater where you go, unless you got the card, so PDGA event or not, you are breaking the rules, unless the Medical Mari thing is actually valid.

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna play good cop bad cop... First, when sausage said He wrote the Team Golf rules etc, I immediately assumed it was PDGA sanctioned cuz that is what started this thread, a pdga rule... so forgive anyone after the fact for jumping the gun and getting on sausage's case... NOW, that we know it was non-pdga sanctioned, we can't say much about it other than I hope spectators didn't see this smokefest happen and give DG a bad rep...

Scott, he probably did want to punch you but was still stoned from his pre round toke up and was afraid he might make a wrong move and be the one who gets his azz kicked...

Smobro, I know you wished you were high when you read that, would've made that so much funnier, I laughed though... really I did... And for dress code, I was impressed with the dress code at the Memorial by the top pros, all wore nice shorts, nice shoes and socks, nice shirts, nothing ugly or an eye sore like my knee high socks that never match my outfit...

Sam.... good question, what do I do if i'm at a non PDGA sanctioned tournament and my group starts firing up the biggest bad boy i have ever seen in my life? 2 things, tell them put it away or i'll use it as my drive on the next hole; I hope they pick nbr 1, but nbr 2 would be cool, since we don't have to huk pdga sanctioned discs in a non sanctioned event...

Comment

I thought about this more and wish to make the following summation.

Smoking pot or drinking alcohol during a PDGA event will cause you to be disqualified from the tournament.

Non-PDGA events may or may not have an explicit rule about this.

Not having an explicit rule against said behavior does not mean one condones or encourages such behavior.

People are responsible for their own actions.

Illegal consumption is no more likely at a disc golf course than it is anywhere else.

Comment

Now I have a question about policy at a PDGA event. How can it be proven that someone was consuming an illegal substance? Does someone call it? Does it have to be seconded? Is this merely conjecture about he said / they said? There is no breathalyzer around and if there was there is no way to prove that the alcohol was consumed during the round. A picture or video of someone smoking pot does not prove they were (see a certain Olympian about this one).

It seems to me that the rule is crystal clear but that it is unenforceable because the violation cannot be proven adequately. Thoughts?

Comment

Yo Detective Duty Teacher, perhaps you should watch CSI tonight and get some ideas on how to bust the bad guys playing golf....
                  Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                    I started reading this but was so high I couldn't finish it. Maybe later. JK
                    I love you, man. Seriously, we need to golf. Soon.

Comment

Achimba, I like your revised position. I agree with all of it except for the last. I would say illegal consumption is probably more likely at a disc golf course than say... a monastery... or a hospital... or maybe rehab.

This rule can be enforced and has been. Two guys were thrown out of the Willamette Open 9, I believe. I encouraged the person who spoke up and don't feel bad about it. It was probably a hard lesson learned but at least one of the two guys who was thrown out is still on the scene.

Nate, I appreciate your enthusiasm for playing cop at a non-PDGA event but if you seriously threatened to harm people's property during the round if they did not stop smoking weed, you would only come off looking like an idiot.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I love it when we can have a good discussion. So how would you handle a situation where a player comes to you and tells you a player was drinking beer during the round? It's a PDGA tournament, you are an official, and only one player (the one reporting) saw the infraction.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                          I love it when we can have a good discussion. So how would you handle a situation where a player comes to you and tells you a player was drinking beer during the round? It's a PDGA tournament, you are an official, and only one player (the one reporting) saw the infraction.

Bob
                          I would assume you would do the same thing you would do if only one person saw a foot fault. Not being a PDGA member or tournament player I don't know what that is though...

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to play a round with their prescription pinned to their shirt, allowing them to cope, as it were, with with the issues of the rulings.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

If memory serves me correctly (stop laughing), being a card carrying member does not give you the right to openly toke wherever and whenever you please. You are supposed to "take your medicine" at home, not in the middle of a park. You can still get pulled over and ticketed if you are driving stoned, or smoking in public.

Comment

Sadly, I'm allergic to cannabis, but I see that brownies would be the golfer's delivery device.
                                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X