X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA Official? Marshal?

Is there a difference between the two? I see both used in print and have gotten my "Officials" test in the mail. So are they the same or different and if different, what is the difference?

Thanks,
    Bob

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Is there a difference between the two? I see both used in print and have gotten my "Officials" test in the mail. So are they the same or different and if different, what is the difference?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Marshalls are designated NON-PLAYING officials at larger events.
    The PDGA will "send" a Marshall to select SuperTours and usually ALL NT events.
    Its nothing that you can take a test for....

Comment

There are marshals (non playing officials) and there are PDGA marshals (member of the PDGA's marshal team). I don't think there is an official selection process for the PDGA marshal program. You are just asked by some other member of the team to help out (after showing that you'd be a good candidate). Thorough knowledge of the rules, the ability to diffuse situations, and being able to stay calm and assertive are important criteria. I believe that Mike P., Cris B., and Todd A. are all current PDGA marshals. If you want to get involved r.e. marshaling, your best bet would be to start with the state coordinator or talk to one of them.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X