X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divisional definitions

There used to be a document on the PDGA site that outlined the characterisitcs of a player in each division.

For example, an advaned player should be able to throw x feet and make x out of 10 puts from 30'.

It wasn't its own doc - it was buried inside something else. I thought it might have been the competition manual, but I don't see it there.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know where to find this information?

I talked to Gentry about it just yesterday and he plans to get that reinstated on the site within the month for download. Not sure what the title is though.

Comment

It was included in my new memebership PDGA package, and there is a letter explaining same information that you are talking about it. It is called PDGA Tour Player Classification & Divisions.
      PDGA 38506
      ODDGA 27
      DDGA 176
      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Could this be what you're looking for?

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/...isionsGrid.pdf
        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
        DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post

No. When searching, I kept running across that one and thought I found what I was looking for until I opened it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post

that doc answers my question... thanks!
            Throw What You Know.
            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              There used to be a document on the PDGA site that outlined the characterisitcs of a player in each division.

For example, an advaned player should be able to throw x feet and make x out of 10 puts from 30'.

It wasn't its own doc - it was buried inside something else. I thought it might have been the competition manual, but I don't see it there.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and know where to find this information?
              The problem with that is everybody seems to have a different idea of how far X feet really is. How many people have you played with that will say they drive 350 feet but when you play with them they can never make it all the way to a 320 foot hole. And how many players would get it right if they had to show how far the circle is from the basket? Not many. You would have to test a player with marked distance to get any consistancy, and then they could bag into a lower division by not throwing at their full potential.
              Just ask what their average is at the course they usually play. so for you Scott, Orchard would be your benchmark course.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                Scott, Orchard would be your benchmark course.
                I think you are bitter because YOU CANNOT BEAT ME THERE.

Comment

I think you are bitter because YOU CANNOT BEAT ME THERE.
                  I can't argue that. You must be so proud.
                  Training to be a bagger

Comment

I can't argue that. You must be so proud.
                    I am, along with the fact that you can't beat me at Horning's, you can't beat me at Pier, you can't beat me at, well, anywhere.

Comment

One thing that could be done to help develop some regional and local standardization is to have several courses that are used as benchmarks for establishing a handicap. For instance, lets say i am a new player and I want to establish a handicap for an upcoming PDGA event. Let's say Pier is an established course for handicap ratings. I would need to play that course in the same layout 3 or more times to establish an average. from there I would have an assigned temporary rating for upcoming tournament play. The rounds would require that I play with another established PDGA player for verification. My official PDGA rating would come out after my first PDGA event.
                      Just an idea.
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

One thing that could be done to help develop some regional and local standardization is to have several courses that are used as benchmarks for establishing a handicap. For instance, lets say i am a new player and I want to establish a handicap for an upcoming PDGA event. Let's say Pier is an established course for handicap ratings. I would need to play that course in the same layout 3 or more times to establish an average. from there I would have an assigned temporary rating for upcoming tournament play. The rounds would require that I play with another established PDGA player for verification. My official PDGA rating would come out after my first PDGA event.
                        Just an idea.
                        Round scores that don't take place in a PDGA tournament would be meaningless.

People don't play in the correct divisions anyway.

Comment

I am, along with the fact that you can't beat me at Horning's, you can't beat me at Pier, you can't beat me at, well, anywhere.
                          I will allow you to retract that statement as it is an aggregious misstatement of fact. please retract.................now
                          Training to be a bagger

Comment

I don't think it would be accurate to assume all players play worse than their average in sanctioned events. I know many players who do play as well under pressure. Some play even better.

The point is to establish some basic handicap ahead of getting your first PDGA rating and for those who play local and regional non-sanctioned events.

I like comparing the player against the course, not so much against the field. after all, beating the course is usually the goal in PDGA events.
                            Training to be a bagger

Comment

I will allow you to retract that statement as it is an aggregious misstatement of fact. please retract.................now
                              There may have been a recent incident at Pier in which the universe was temporarily misaligned. I don't really recall all of the details.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X