X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDGA's on the ball!

So last night I finally committed to become a PDGA Official. I had read somewhere on their site that you can choose to have the test sent via email and since Stumptown is an Affiliate Member the test would be free. I went through the process of filling out all of the information to order the test thinking at some point I would be asked for Affiliate Member information and whether I wanted the test on paper or emailed. I got to the end and never had the option so I didn't click on the button to finish and instead hit my back arrow. Didn't matter the order went through. I promptly emailed them this morning only to find out that the test and rules book were processed and sent out in the mail already. The PDGA sent it out right away? Who'd a thunk!

Bob

yeah...you got lucky

I just got my certified official card in the mail a week or so ago...I was certified 2/12/2008.

so sometimes they are on the ball and sometimes the ball arrives a year late
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Where on their webpage is the info about becoming an official? I'd be interested in looking into it to see if its something I would be interested in.
      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
      PDGA #37890
      Stumptown #157
      ODW TDG 10-11
      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
        So last night I finally committed to become a PDGA Official. I had read somewhere on their site that you can choose to have the test sent via email and since Stumptown is an Affiliate Member the test would be free. I went through the process of filling out all of the information to order the test thinking at some point I would be asked for Affiliate Member information and whether I wanted the test on paper or emailed. I got to the end and never had the option so I didn't click on the button to finish and instead hit my back arrow. Didn't matter the order went through. I promptly emailed them this morning only to find out that the test and rules book were processed and sent out in the mail already. The PDGA sent it out right away? Who'd a thunk!

Bob
        Don't get too excited - it hasn't arrived yet. Wait until it's in your hands.

Comment

Becoming a PDGA Official:
          http://www.pdga.com/rules/becoming-a-pdga-official

Comment

Bob
            That's great Bob, as far as I know we do need more people to step up like you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
              That's great Bob, as far as I know we do need more people to step up like you!
              Thanks Bob! So I ordered on the 9th and recieved the test in the mail on the 11th. Test completed and emailed back on the 12th. So lets take bets on how long it takes to get the word that I'm the new "Sheriff" in town. PDGA website says 4-6 weeks. Can they set a record like ORS registrations this year?

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob! So I ordered on the 9th and recieved the test in the mail on the 11th. Test completed and emailed back on the 12th. So lets take bets on how long it takes to get the word that I'm the new "Sheriff" in town. PDGA website says 4-6 weeks. Can they set a record like ORS registrations this year?

Bob
                Jeff Mittl had his test ordered completed and graded in a mater of 2 weeks time frame. But that might have something to do with his name being on the TD agreement for an A-tier and a National Tour event
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

Bob
                  I took the same test and got my results back in 4 weeks. I passed, so it is a good thing.. Just waiting on the card and when I can afford it - my official shirt.

Grin!
                  Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                  DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                    I took the same test and got my results back in 4 weeks. I passed, so it is a good thing.. Just waiting on the card and when I can afford it - my official shirt.

Grin!
                    There's a shirt? Cool!

Bob

Comment

http://www.pdgastore.com/Qstore/Qsto...ROD=1060066644

Comment

It's a shame you have to buy it. It would be nice to receive one after passing the test. That could even justify a higher fee for taking the test.

Comment

I would think that would be a good idea, but if the test cost like 30-50 bucks, how many LESS people would take the test? Better to have more certified officials with a few of them having the shirt than to have only a few officials who all have shirts... different ways to look at it...

Comment

With all these new officials I expect to see more calls made about the "in the neighborhood "of the lie. If you ask me rules need to be followed all the time casual as well as tournament play. I heard a good one at CSI. ..." because we are only Am's and so the rules don't really apply to us anyway".... I almost cried I laughed so hard.

I am wondering If you are an official and break the rules or give poor decisions is there some sort of recourse like retesting or suspension of that credential?

In scouts; to be able to use a knife/ax you need what is called a tote' n chip certification . Once you know how to safely handle these tools you get this card. Show poor decision making and you lose a corner. Lose all four corners and you have to re qualify.,
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                              With all these new officials I expect to see more calls made about...
                              all the weed smoking that goes on during every round I've ever played in a Washington tournament.
                              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X