X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    As for the Pros, most of them stick to smoking legal cigarettes during rounds.
    So it's kosher, according to PDGA rules, to smoke tobacco during rounds? I'll just add that to the list of reasons I don't play in tournaments...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It could be flagged as a courtesy violation. Warning, then stroke.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I take issue with the claim that this happens so much more in Washington than in Oregon. I'm not going to deny that it happens here, but it's hardly an "every round" kind of thing, at least in the rounds I've played. I saw it a lot more when I played in Int., but since I moved up to Adv., I rarely see it at all. And the one big tourney I played in OR, people were openly sparking up right at tourney central!
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
          And there is no smoke in Oregon with it's medical laws and such. That would be a good test someone with a MMC gets tossed from a tourney in a state that supports said cards. Ther goes the "against the law" agrument at least till it gets to court.

Oh...NO...regardless of an individuals "status".
          It is still ILLEGAL to consume in a "Drug Free Zone" which includes ALL Schools & Parks. So anyone who attempted to use that excuse would just be shot down in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            It could be flagged as a courtesy violation. Warning, then stroke.
            This is only if the smoke bothers you. They can smoke cigs if they make sure to stand downwind of anyone who requests that they do so. If they still continue to bother you with their smoking, then the warnings/strokes occur.

Originally posted by Tim
            And the one big tourney I played in OR, people were openly sparking up right at tourney central!
            According to the competition manual, you are only prohibited from these activities from the 2-minute warning to when the scorecard is turned in. Were you offended by people drinking liquor at tourney central between rounds too or just the 'evil weed'?
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Help me out here...

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
              "Drug Free Zone" which includes ALL Schools & Parks.
              I knew about the schools but didn't know that parks were included in that law. Is that just State Parks? County Parks? Amusement Parks? Can you show me where that can be found?

Do the harsher penalties for "within 500 yards of a school" ALSO include "within 500 yards of a parks"?
              Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
              Remain ye men of faculty complete,
              Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
              Attending to our noble bond and contract?
              Or does here stand the last remaining man
              To give a fig for rules and order yet,
              No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
              Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
              Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                So it's kosher, according to PDGA rules, to smoke tobacco during rounds? I'll just add that to the list of reasons I don't play in tournaments...
                somebody's missing out.... the list of pros for playing in a tournament, especially larger ones far out number these smaller con lists... I hope you going to BSF as a fan at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                  According to the competition manual, you are only prohibited from these activities from the 2-minute warning to when the scorecard is turned in. Were you offended by people drinking liquor at tourney central between rounds too or just the 'evil weed'?
                  Heh, I never said it offended me. But isn't the whole rationale of the rule to present a professional, clean image to the world at large? Seems to me, a crowd of 100+ people standing around with bursts of fragrant smoke erupting here and there pretty much trumps the couple of groups that may be partaking during the round (which, as you might guess, was also happening). I'm not trying to come off as preachy here or anything, I'm just saying, I don't think it's right to imply that Washington is more guilty than Oregon when it comes to The Rule.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Point is, we need to stop worrying about social status related to being the tattle tale on these rule violations and just do our part and rat on the rule violating SOB's... I used to be a little concerned about what people would think if I ratted someone out but from now on I will just be upfront about it and if someone cries like a baby, i know i got plenty of fellow dg'ers who will back me up... I would expect the same for everyone else... I want to see the game grow, i want to see my kid*s* be able to play this game their entire lives, but it wont happen as long as we are sterotyped and don't help each other step up our image...

Comment

the list of pros for playing in a tournament, especially larger ones far out number these smaller con lists...
                      For you. Not for me.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        For you. Not for me.
                        Now you got my curiousity "piqued" if that how you use that in English... Why is the tournament scene not "Mr Schneider's" "thing"? Just curious... I would like to hear the other side of the spectrum...

Comment

Now you got my curiousity "piqued" if that how you use that in English... Why is the tournament scene not "Mr Schneider's" "thing"? Just curious... I would like to hear the other side of the spectrum...
                          Some people don't like when it takes over 3 hours to play one round.

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                            Some people don't like when it takes over 3 hours to play one round.
                            This. I'm on the course to throw, not stand around. This is why I don't play Pier Park except before noon on weekdays.

Also, I don't have as much fun if my score actually matters, and if I can't throw extra discs to see what they would've done.

Also -- the reason I posted here -- I've rarely seen a large congregation of disc golfers that didn't involve cigarette smoke. I know people "try" to stay downwind, but you know that doesn't always work out. I can smell it from 500 feet away. (Pot smokers actually bother me less, because they usually go back in the woods and do their thing, and don't carry it around with them stinking up the course... on the other hand, pot smokers who do it out in the open piss me off much more, because it's not good for the image of the sport.)

I think it's interesting that so many serious disc golfers are always looking for organized tournaments to play in... most other sports aren't like that. There are thousands, maybe millions, of hard-core ball golfers who play every single weekend, but they rarely play in tournaments.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment