X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• communication ???????????

IF, you have a player with ratings that are inside the PDGA guidelines of advanced and they sign up for that division, is it OK for the TD to put them in a pro division without talking to said player first?
    Last edited by Flatroc; March 28th, 2009, 07:54 AM. Reason: added a word
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

No. The PDGA does not force a player to move to pro. If the player wanted to play pro, they would have registered as pro.

Comment

makes sense to me

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      No. The PDGA does not force a player to move to pro. If the player wanted to play pro, they would have registered as pro.
      This makes sense to me.
      But my question is does a TD have the power/right to do this?
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Only if the player is not a current PDGA member or there's no Advanced division for anyone. For our PDGA sanctioned Super Class league, we only offer Open, Intermediate and Rec divisions. Advanced rated amateurs have to play Open if they want to play and receive merch instead of cash if they end up in the prizes (which they regularly do including win occasionally).

Comment

one or the other?

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
          Only if the player is not a current PDGA member or there's no Advanced division for anyone.
          Thanks Chuck, but what if there is an advanced division and the player is not a current PDGA member?
          - Anonymous

Comment

Non-members can be place in any division the TD wishes as long as the player is willing to pay the fee to enter it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
              Only if the player is not a current PDGA member

Yose,
              When dealing with NON-members the TD has the right to have people play where they think they "should" be playing.
              Typically the TD "KNOWS" the local players AND their skill level....
              MOST non-members at a venue ARE locals..this keeps that REAL good AM tha only plays at home from BAGGING in Int or Rec when they should be in Adv. etc..

Some TD's do this, others dont.....

The other scenario as you show it....would be that long time Pro, who hasnt been a member for many yrs (too many, IMO ) then signs up as an AM.

Unfortunately...unless that person used the PDGA "Amnesty" a few yrs ago to get AM Staus back they are STILL a PRO, as long as they HAD excepted cash in the past.

There IS the "Pros playing AM" rule that could be applied here, I suppose.
              But then that "should" apply to MEMBERS that have "up to date" ratings.

Again a TD's choice...
              For Men
              sub 970 can play Adv
              sub 935 can play Int OR Adv Masters
              sub 900 can play Rec

For Ladies
              sub 850 can play Adv
              sub 800 can play Int
              sub 750 can play Rec.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

For Men
                sub 970 can play Adv

Heres one.....

A Few of us....COULD play in BOTH pools at GNW IF we had entered that way "in Time"

I could play MA1 & MPM........ALL with in the rules..

The pools play at different times....so I "could" play 3 rds each day and play in 2 different divisions.

NOT that I ever would....It would most likely KILL ME...

It has been done in the past at events like the Masters Cup, prior to them going to Tee Times.

Comment

good to know

Thanks Mike,
                  This is something hopefully a few others besides myself were unaware of.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

[QUOTE=Magilla;12803
                    NOT that I ever would....It would most likely KILL ME...

[/QUOTE]

Should read:

NOT that I ever COULD....It WOULD kill me...

You're gitten' too old young man!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      Should read:

NOT that I ever COULD....It WOULD kill me...

You're gitten' too old young man!

Bob

GNW is probably an event that I COULD......

After a Winters worth of Snowboarding my Knees and Back are in the best shape of the year........

BUT that fades FAST..

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X