Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Courses in Oregon are PDGA Gold Tee Standard?

Looking to find out how many and which courses in Oregon qualify as Gold Tees 1000 Rated.
    thanks, Bob

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
    Looking to find out how many and which courses in Oregon qualify as Gold Tees 1000 Rated.
    thanks, Bob
    Good question. I actually had to go look this one up. Anyone who want to read what he's talking about can look here Course Standards.

Offhand... I would say only the two BSF courses at Milo McIver truly qualify.

A few other courses that could get there would be Dexter, Whistler's Bend, Trojan and Adair.

If you build it... etc...
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Bob, if you're planning to have your third course meet this standard, please tell us you'll include short tees as well, for us mere mortals!
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Bob, if you're planning to have your third course meet this standard, please tell us you'll include short tees as well, for us mere mortals!
        What he said!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          What he said!

Bob
          Back off! There's already two short courses out there.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Hey, I'm not saying you shouldn't have your 9,000-foot course. But with a little extra gravel and a few more logs embedded in the ground, it could be a lot more enjoyable for a lot more people...
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

it could be a lot more enjoyable for a lot more people...
                and clogged...
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  If Bob wants to build a complete package, he would be wise to follow the lead to the gold standards. 3 completely diffrent courses on one spot of land, holy toledo, people from all over would fly in to play this baby heh... The first course is around 4900 feet, the 2nd course is like 2500? Yeah I think the 3rd course should be 7000 like the Gold standard says. Then there can be a work party to put in the shorter tees for those that "want" it. The milo courses are around 8200-8400 each.
                  However, I have not seen the land that the 3rd course will be on and have a hard time imagining a milo sized course minus 1000 feet on Horning's, but I sure do imagine a killer 6000 footer for sure...

Comment

C'mon, seriously, what's the percentage of disc golfers in Oregon who'd really rather play 500-foot holes than 300- or 400-foot ones? I think they're overrepresented on this forum.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Reason I was asking was because I would like to build the next one up to gold tee standards, though it looks like it doesn't mean it will be a 9,000 course, a 6,500 ft course could be gold rated if through heavy woods. I am planning on getting the next course there (gold rated), along with cement tee pads and the targets certified by PDGA. Also by the time the ODDGA plays in May, I plan on having several holes on the original course lengthened like we've talked about, making that a true par three/four course, and yes, eventually get better gravel trails and cement tee pads there too.

Comment

Reason I was asking was because I would like to build the next one up to gold tee standards...
                        I think we all figured that's why you were asking. So... any chance of also having non-gold tees on Course #3?
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Reason I was asking was because I would like to build the next one up to gold tee standards, though it looks like it doesn't mean it will be a 9,000 course, a 6,500 ft course could be gold rated if through heavy woods. I am planning on getting the next course there (gold rated), along with cement tee pads and the targets certified by PDGA. Also by the time the ODDGA plays in May, I plan on having several holes on the original course lengthened like we've talked about, making that a true par three/four course, and yes, eventually get better gravel trails and cement tee pads there too.
                          Member of Stumptown DG #82
                          Member of PDGA #34367

Comment

I think we all figured that's why you were asking. So... any chance of also having non-gold tees on Course #3?
                            Most of the holes will be between 300 and 400 feet, with three being longer (one is about 1,050). The reason they would be gold standard is not because of length, but because of both length and technical difficulty (woods). but yes, on some of the longest holes we may be able to have a few non-gold tees.

Comment

C'mon, seriously, what's the percentage of disc golfers in Oregon who'd really rather play 500-foot holes than 300- or 400-foot ones? I think they're overrepresented on this forum.
                              450 x 3 = 1350
                              400 x 4 = 1600
                              350 x 3 = 1050
                              300 x 3 = 900
                              250 x 3 = 750
                              200 x 2 = 600
                              = 6250

The longest holes would only be 450 feet. Those holes would help everyone, smart control would get you the par.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X