Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    450 x 3 = 1350
    400 x 4 = 1600
    350 x 3 = 1050
    300 x 3 = 900
    250 x 3 = 750
    200 x 2 = 600
    = 6250

The longest holes would only be 450 feet. Those holes would help everyone, smart control would get you the par.
    Nathan, what are these numbers from? not the planned course here.

Comment

go for the gold baby
      besides the baskets what else do you want in a private course three different courses each with progressive difficulty awesome
      make me cry after the gold course ,,make par a 1050 round

Comment

course

Hornings is sounding better and better, looking for a grounds keeper??? I'd LOVE to move back, have the wife take a transfer to once again spend my days playing with plants and flying plastic We got tired of sub-zero temps and unscenic flat land about a minute after getting here.

Comment

450 x 3 = 1350
          400 x 4 = 1600
          350 x 3 = 1050
          300 x 3 = 900
          250 x 3 = 750
          200 x 2 = 600
          = 6250

The longest holes would only be 450 feet. Those holes would help everyone, smart control would get you the par.
          200x2=600

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Offhand... I would say only the two BSF courses at Milo McIver truly qualify.
            I would agree.

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            A few other courses that could get there would be Dexter, Whistler's Bend, Trojan and Adair.
            Benton County Parks & Natural Areas are happy with the Adair 18 hole layout and aren't going to allow any expansion to the disc golf course. The WDGC is working with the parks dept to preserve & protect what we have built there. The club is continuing to make improvements and subtle changes like the new pin position on 13 and working on the ledge for hole 3. Options like alternate tee pads are not going to be allowed, replacing the rubber tees with concrete is possible but are on hold by the parks department.

As many know the EDGC is working closely with Oregon State Parks to preserve & protect what has been built at Dexter.

The amount of use these courses are now seeing is putting more and more wear & tear on the landscape. Undoubtedly many courses in the Northwest are seeing these same things and we all need to be aware of that.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
              Nathan, what are these numbers from? not the planned course here.
              Just an example that a overall long course can have excellent balance and not neccesarily all long holes and that they can handle just a few long ones without special tees. I have no idea what you have planned, just supporting the idea of a long course and relieve those who are in "panic" mode hehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Roc View Post
                200x2=600

lol
                Okkkkk... so i made a mistake, you try giving cooking dinner, giving your boy a bath, giving the cats attention, whither in temptation with all these poision oak spots, watch the suns escape the jazz, and type that left post left handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                  The amount of use these courses are now seeing is putting more and more wear & tear on the landscape. Undoubtedly many courses in the Northwest are seeing these same things and we all need to be aware of that.
                  Absolutely. This is why we need to keep building courses. Lots of them. Which brings us back to...

Go Bob!

Comment

I'm stoked. Who is helping design and giving advice on the course? Who has input and who has final say?

can't wait to play!
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf
                    Odwalla

Comment

Okkkkk... so i made a mistake, you try giving cooking dinner, giving your boy a bath, giving the cats attention, whither in temptation with all these poision oak spots, watch the suns escape the jazz, and type that left post left handed.

Comment

Reason I was asking was because I would like to build the next one up to gold tee standards, though it looks like it doesn't mean it will be a 9,000 course, a 6,500 ft course could be gold rated if through heavy woods. I am planning on getting the next course there (gold rated), along with cement tee pads and the targets certified by PDGA. Also by the time the ODDGA plays in May, I plan on having several holes on the original course lengthened like we've talked about, making that a true par three/four course, and yes, eventually get better gravel trails and cement tee pads there too.
                        That's sexy talk right there. Thanks, Bob!

See you tomorrow evening. Several of us coming out for some glow on the shorty. Join us if you can.
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It's not uncommon for gold courses to have shorter white level tees that end up being played more often than the gold tees for day-to-day play. At Highbridge, WI, the gold course is the least popular among the four in terms of total rounds. However, everyone wants to try the 9500+ foot challenge at least once. Then, many play the 7000+ ft white tees the next times they visit.

Comment

Reason I was asking was because I would like to build the next one up to gold tee standards, though it looks like it doesn't mean it will be a 9,000 course, a 6,500 ft course could be gold rated if through heavy woods. I am planning on getting the next course there (gold rated), along with cement tee pads and the targets certified by PDGA. Also by the time the ODDGA plays in May, I plan on having several holes on the original course lengthened like we've talked about, making that a true par three/four course, and yes, eventually get better gravel trails and cement tee pads there too.
                            I think i just might.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
                            Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee View Post

Comment

I think i need to go to the store and get me some grapes...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X