Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clear things up. I know my Huk rounds will not get rated.
    I'm more wondering about my rounds at the Wortman Open.

I do appreciate all the knowledge on how this works thou. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
      Just to clear things up. I know my Huk rounds will not get rated.
      I'm more wondering about my rounds at the Wortman Open.

I do appreciate all the knowledge on how this works thou. Thanks!
      I see unofficial ratings for all divisions at the Wortman Open, so yes, you'll definitely get ratings for that event. Once the TD submits his/her final event report (and sends in the check too), and the event report gets checked by the PDGA, the results will become 'official', after which point they will be applied to your player rating at the next ratings update. If the two rounds were played on the same course and layout, they *may* be combined for SSA and round rating calculations purposes (i.e. the same score each round will come out with the same rating, as opposed to right now, where the two rounds appear to be ~3 rating points different). Does that help?

Comment

Originally posted by jeverett View Post
        I see unofficial ratings for all divisions at the Wortman Open, so yes, you'll definitely get ratings for that event. Once the TD submits his/her final event report (and sends in the check too), and the event report gets checked by the PDGA, the results will become 'official', after which point they will be applied to your player rating at the next ratings update. If the two rounds were played on the same course and layout, they *may* be combined for SSA and round rating calculations purposes (i.e. the same score each round will come out with the same rating, as opposed to right now, where the two rounds appear to be ~3 rating points different). Does that help?
        I believe I understand what you are saying.... but I do not see any unofficial ratings for the 2 rounds. I'm looking on PDGA.com. Where are you looking?

Comment

Click on the "Show Round Ratings" on the upper right side above the score totals.

Comment

COOL! Never saw that.
            Got an 844 then an 864
            Well I was hoping to get an 850 for my first ever rating. Hopefully the official ratings will be in that neighborhood.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
              COOL! Never saw that.
              Got an 844 then an 864
              Well I was hoping to get an 850 for my first ever rating. Hopefully the official ratings will be in that neighborhood.

Thanks everyone.
              If I had to guess how the PDGA will combine the two rounds (in terms of SSA's and round ratings), your first round rating will drop ~1.5 points, and your second round rating will go up ~1.5 points, for an average of:

(842.5 + 865.5) / 2 = 854

Due to rounding, I'd give that estimate a +/- 2 rating points margin of error. This is assuming that no other significant changes happen during the PDGA event report verification process (i.e. the 'official' ratings).

Comment

Does anyone know if the PDGA uses a multiplier to weight rounds of more or less than 18 holes appropriately? I think a 29 hole round should have a weight 1.6, while a 13 hole round (the minimum) should only be 0.7ish. If the PDGA already does this awesome, if not, they should start! More holes=greater sample size=more accurate rating!
                Innova Champion Discs
                Discmania
                huk lab
                Keen Footwear
                Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                  Does anyone know if the PDGA uses a multiplier to weight rounds of more or less than 18 holes appropriately? I think a 29 hole round should have a weight 1.6, while a 13 hole round (the minimum) should only be 0.7ish. If the PDGA already does this awesome, if not, they should start! More holes=greater sample size=more accurate rating!
                  http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10778
                  Is this what you are asking?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                    Perfect, thanks!
                    Innova Champion Discs
                    Discmania
                    huk lab
                    Keen Footwear
                    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene