X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
    The biggest problem that I have with falling putts is not the stance itself but rather the actual distance. I am getting a little off topic here but the biggest problem that I see during tournament play is a player who questions if he is outside 10m from the basket and just asks for a group consensus rather than walking it off to get a better idea of the actual distance. I know everyone steps with a different pace length but it does get you a better idea then just asking. My thought is if it's close enough to ask then you should pace it off. Anyone else have thoughts on this aspect of the falling putt?
    In casual or weekly play, I usually just ask. In more serious play, I do both. I'll step it off and then ask for consensus, just so there is not doubt about the distance before I make the putt.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
      The biggest problem that I have with falling putts is not the stance itself but rather the actual distance. I am getting a little off topic here but the biggest problem that I see during tournament play is a player who questions if he is outside 10m from the basket and just asks for a group consensus rather than walking it off to get a better idea of the actual distance. I know everyone steps with a different pace length but it does get you a better idea then just asking. My thought is if it's close enough to ask then you should pace it off. Anyone else have thoughts on this aspect of the falling putt?
      Honestly, I don't see this as being a big problem. Most of the time people ask if they are outside the circle everyone (including the thrower) knows they are out. Asking simply ensures that someone who might be particularly tight about the rule has an opportunity to request walking it off (which he is entitled to). But if the whole group says he's out, I see no point in walking it out. We have enough people who play slowly already without giving them extra reasons to waste time.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

This ^^^^
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X