Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDGC - 2013 Oregon State Representative

Congratulations to Ryan Gwillim.

As our State Rep, how did I come about making this decision? Well, not only was Ryan one of several people on my radar for this honor, but he was also the only person to specifically ask to be considered. Ryan has been involved in a number of endeavors such as:

• The course installation in Canby
    • Club involvement with Stumptown
    • TDing awesome tourneys (That I never get to play in because he apparently hates pros).
    • Running an awesome local registration system called 4Discgolf.

With all of that and more taken into consideration, I feel Ryan has earned the priviledge to represent Oregon at this distinguished event.

I must admit, I did have another person in mind as well, but after speaking to him, he decided it would not work out for him due to his work schedule and removed himself from the running.

Anyway, there you have it.

Congrats Ryan... make your putts!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    Congratulations to Ryan Gwillim.

As our State Rep, how did I come about making this decision? Well, not only was Ryan one a several people on my radar for this honor, but he was also the only person to specifically ask to be considered. Ryan has been involved in a number of endeavors such as:

• The course installation in Canby
    • Club involvement with Stumptown
    • TDing awesome tourneys (That I never get to play in because he apparently hates pros).
    • Running an awesome local registration system called Firefly.

With all of that and more taken into consideration, I feel Ryan has earned the priviledge to represent Oregon at this distinguished event.

I must admit, I did have another person in mind as well, but after speaking to him, he decided it would not work out for him due to his work schedule and removed himself from the running.

Anyway, there you have it.

Congrats Ryan... make your putts!

Great Choice!

Comment

Awesome choice!

Comment

Congrats Ryan!!!

Comment

Ryan will represent us well! Congratulations! Good pick Jeff!

Comment

YA! This is a decision few could quibble with. Kill it, Ryan!
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Congrats Ryan!
              Represent!!

Comment

Couldn't go to a better guy! Good Luck Ryan!!

Comment

I hope he only throws rocs, teebirds and comets, and maybe a predator occasionally.

Way to go Ryan enjoy the experience!
                  PDGA #25296
                  Stumptown #34

Comment

First off I want to say, "Thank you!" to everyone for the positive comments, and to our state coordinator for considering me. I am VERY honored to be granted this opportunity!

I wanted to wait to respond to this thread until my time-off request came through. I got the email a couple of minutes ago from my boss and I'm good to go! (Thanks Tim & Kintechnology).

Competing at the USDGC and playing Winthrop Gold has been a dream of mine for about a decade.

I will represent our state well, regardless of how well I play. But seriously, I'm gonna kill that course!

Thank you!
                    Ryan Gwillim

Comment

Originally posted by nayr View Post
                      First off I want to say, "Thank you!" to everyone for the positive comments, and to our state coordinator for considering me. I am VERY honored to be granted this opportunity!

I wanted to wait to respond to this thread until my time-off request came through. I got the email a couple of minutes ago from my boss and I'm good to go! (Thanks Tim & Kintechnology).

Competing at the USDGC and playing Winthrop Gold has been a dream of mine for about a decade.

I will represent our state well, regardless of how well I play. But seriously, I'm gonna kill that course!

Thank you!
                      Ryan Gwillim
                      YES!!!

you, sir, know how to keep it in the fairway...
                      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Hell yes. Great choice.
                        Congrats, Ryan! Standstill roc your way right down those fairways.

Comment

Huzzah Mr. Gwillim

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X