Clear All

• Try this on for size

Sanctioned events

B tier or above

TD's are required to first redeem scrip for memberships to all non
    member's who cash.

As it is now it's only "suggested"
    rewindb.com

From the PDGA 2013 Tour Standards document on their website...

"TDs are encouraged to award PDGA memberships as prizes in the amateur and junior divisions for B, and C Tier events."

Is this what you are referring to, or did you find another piece of info on the PDGA site?

I don't see anything wrong with this. The decision is left up to the TD to offer the membership option or not.

Comment

i would say IF thats true, then there would be a need for a additional "governing body for disc golf" to give the ol' pdga a run for their money. heck the pdga was started by one man and it was his rules or the highway, so why cant we start up another organization that would have sanctioned events? competition is always a good thing so that one organization does not "rule them all".
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        Sanctioned events

B tier or above

TD's are required to first redeem scrip for memberships to all non
        member's who cash.

As it is now it's only "suggested"

Geezus Jub... give it a friggin rest man. We've been listening to the same old tired diatribe out of you for YEARS. If you don't like the PDGA, don't play the events. It is THAT simple. No one can make you join the PDGA or play any of their nasty sanctioned events. You are the master of your own destiny, Jub.

Meanwhile, most of us take the time to know what we're getting ourselves into and we still feel it is a worthwhile endeavor. So, how about you let us enjoy the things WE LIKE, and you can go on enjoying the things YOU LIKE.

What a concept.

Again, please take your personal agendas elsewhere.

(Since you keep posting the same old crap, I'll just cut and paste the same old response. Hopefully, someday, you'll realize not everyone agrees with you and you'll move on.)
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Geezus Jub... give it a friggin rest man. We've been listening to the same old tired diatribe out of you for YEARS. If you don't like the PDGA, don't play the events. It is THAT simple. No one can make you join the PDGA or play any of their nasty sanctioned events. You are the master of your own destiny, Jub.

Meanwhile, most of us take the time to know what we're getting ourselves into and we still feel it is a worthwhile endeavor. So, how about you let us enjoy the things WE LIKE, and you can go on enjoying the things YOU LIKE.

What a concept.

(Since you keep posting the same old crap, I'll just cut and paste the same old response. Hopefully, someday, you'll realize not everyone agrees with you and you'll move on.)
          Post of the year
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
            i would say IF thats true, then there would be a need for a additional "governing body for disc golf" to give the ol' pdga a run for their money. heck the pdga was started by one man and it was his rules or the highway, so why cant we start up another organization that would have sanctioned events? competition is always a good thing so that one organization does not "rule them all".
            The point is, if you're playing a PDGA event then you agree to play by their rules.
            That might mean using your winnings for a membership you may or may not want.
            If that's a problem then don't play in PDGA (or whatever organization) events.

Your point about competing organizations is well taken, just not relevant to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              Post of the year
              Nah. Month. Note that it is a cut and paste.

By the way... Better when YOU'RE drunk...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

What a concept.

preach.
                "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Nah. Month. Note that it is a cut and paste.

By the way... Better when YOU'RE drunk...
                  Naw, it's left that way on purpose, I was drunk.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

If I have paid the 10 bucks to play in a.PDGA event as a nonmember
                    ....they want the TD to take more of my winnings to become a member......
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                      If I have paid the 10 bucks to play in a.PDGA event as a nonmember
                      ....they want the TD to take more of my winnings to become a member......
                      Don't drink the kool-aid, bro.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I am not a pdga member, don't play tourney golf any longer...but had this been an option when I did, I would have accepted it gratefully. Between that and a bunch of discs I din't use, or putters for home use...no brainer
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Does everyone realize that the PDGA is just "suggesting" that TDs could do this? Are suggestions now some huge offense from "the man"?

If someone wants to start an alternative organizing body for disc golf, what is stopping them? Quit whining and get to work on it.

Comment

I want a pony as part of my player's pack from now on and if I don't get one, I will yell so loud that I will get a...

Yeah. I went there. Damn right I did.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                              or it could backfire and end up like how boxing is now. so many hands in the pot these days now boxing is dying. dont want that to happen to dg. i would

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X