X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
    Under 42!!! I would only be golfing for 2 months a year I wear 400 weight insulated boots, expedition weight long john bottoms, Gore-Tex Snowboard pants, Heavy weight compressions shirt, heavy weight Fleece, gloves and a beannie. That does me fine till about 5 degrees. Then I have to add another midweight fleece. If it is windy ( above 30 MPH or so ) I add a softsheel or Gore-Tex hardshell to cut the wind!! Doesn't that sound like fun to play in
    Please post a photo. I have to see that. Do you use hand/foot warmers too?
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
      Please post a photo. I have to see that. Do you use hand/foot warmers too?
      I don't need foot warmers. The boots are great!!! I will put hand warmers in my gloves on occasion. I guess that I forgot the Windstopper face mask that I wear sometimes too!! I guess that I could gear up and have my roommate take a picture. I couldn't play 2 days ago since the snow was so light. When the temp is around 10, the snow is so light that the disc will not even leave a mark in the snow when it buries itself!! However, we are 30 today!! Can you say heatwave When I moved from OR, all of the outdoor golfing gear that I had was not good enough even for Juneau. I have spent about $1500 on new gear over the last 1 1/2 years just to be somewhat comfortable while outside!
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess that I forgot the Windstopper face mask that I wear sometimes too!!
        I forgot to ask how you keep your nose warm.
        When I moved from OR, all of the outdoor golfing gear that I had was not good enough even for Juneau. I have spent about $1500 on new gear over the last 1 1/2 years just to be somewhat comfortable while outside!
        That is money well spent. And think if you get a really big blizzard or something - you're prepared!
        "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

I've got a suggestion!!!

Okay--I tried to remain mute on this but I have to say it. Why does it have to be a man? We have some pro women in our state that would qualify.

Teresa Bellinger and Vieve Beecher(who will be playing Pro this year), Suzie Jones etc.

They would represent our great state of Oregon with the utmost integrity on and OFF the course.

But if you guys don't want a woman to go----Dion is an excellent choice.

Think about it----how many states pick a woman to represent them? We need more women players and this would be a great opportunity for people to know that Oregon stands behind our women players.

I'm done.
          PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
            I forgot to ask how you keep your nose warm.

That is money well spent. And think if you get a really big blizzard or something - you're prepared!
            Yeah, I get some funny looks from people when I wear the face mask, but I like to keep warm!!! I have a friend who is an Environamental Science master's student. I have helped him a few times with his thesis project. We were dropped off by Helicopter on the Juneau Ice Fields for a few days this winter. My gear was well worth the price!!!!
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca View Post
              Okay--I tried to remain mute on this but I have to say it. Why does it have to be a man? We have some pro women in our state that would qualify.

Teresa Bellinger and Vieve Beecher(who will be playing Pro this year), Suzie Jones etc.

They would represent our great state of Oregon with the utmost integrity on and OFF the course.

But if you guys don't want a woman to go----Dion is an excellent choice.

Think about it----how many states pick a woman to represent them? We need more women players and this would be a great opportunity for people to know that Oregon stands behind our women players.

I'm done.

Teresa has been the Past few years because she got the TD spot for BSF being a USDGC Qualifier. Just as Jeff Mittl OR Flash will be entitled to this year, BUT that is a "Death Match" we will get to see later..

VERY few Women have EVER played in this event...Julianna, Dez
              I have NO Issues with a Woman attempting to Qualify for the Spot.
              The Comp WILL be structured so that ALL PRO Divisions have an equal shot.

There IS a Womens USDGC....
              I am NOT allowed to play in that....seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Teresa has been the Past few years because she got the TD spot for BSF being a USDGC Qualifier. Just as Jeff Mittl OR Flash will be entitled to this year, BUT that is a "Death Match" we will get to see later..

Good Answer-----SAFE but Good!!!
                PDGA President

Comment

Damn Magilla beat me to it. I was going to say that Teressa has gone (twice I believe). Not to say that we shouldn't pick a woman but we have had women from Oregon go before.

Comment

Teresa lives in Washington.

If you're going to pick a woman from Oregon, I would think Melo would be a logical choice since she now has a great coach and has been touring.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Teresa lives in Washington.

If you're going to pick a woman from Oregon, I would think Melo would be a logical choice since she now has a great coach and has been touring.

DOH..This is true...SHE is not eligible for the "Oregon Rep Spot".

Comment

Sometimes its hard to forget that T-Bell is from WA because she has done so much for Oregon. That said, I think Dion would be a great choice since he did just pick up a major sponsor.

Also, I think we should keep an eye on Brianna if we want to talk about having a great coach.
                        PDGA President

Comment

I will POST the qualification procedure tomorrow..

DOH! I know I said that I would post the procedure week ago....

I am waiting for the GNW players list, to make sure it is a "fair" comp.

Ive heard from quite a few PROS that did not get in AND are pretty bummed about NOT having the chance to qualify.

Those that procrastinated for even 1 day were left out.........bummer for them.

Comment

I believe they can still enter the USDGC the old fashioned way!

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                              I believe they can still enter the USDGC the old fashioned way!
                              Which is really hard to do by the way. I've tried three years running and I missed it by one stroke last year at the Fling. I still haven't tried flying down a week early for monday qualifying, but even that is getting harder and harder to do...
                              Team DISCRAFT
                              NW Sign Up
                              Gorilla Boy
                              Paragon Disc Golf
                              Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                                Which is really hard to do by the way. I've tried three years running and I missed it by one stroke last year at the Fling. I still haven't tried flying down a week early for monday qualifying, but even that is getting harder and harder to do...
                                You are not kidding...
                                Since the start of USDGC I have spent OVER $50,000 traveling to various events in an attempt to qualify

I have missed by ONE stroke, 3 times.......

Traveling to "Monday Qualify" is a REAL commitment....
                                Either your IN or a Caddie for someone else...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X