Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan on qualifying this year dammit (Masters Cup or Beaver State Fling)! Otherwise, you can count me in for the competiton. God forbid I don't qualify or something, i still plan on traveling to USDGC for monday qualifying or Caddying for Nate! South Carolina or BUST!
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
      It WILL not be by round ratings....It will be by TOTAL SCORE not counting Final 9's if there are any. The point difference on ratings between courses makes it unfair. Some courses are 9pts per stroke-GNW, others like Milo are only 8 THEN the result numbers change from round to round.
      If you read what you just posted again, you'll realize why using average ratings is more, not less fair. The fact that one throw is worth more ratings points on lower SSA courses than on higher SSA courses does actually mean a player who beats another player by one throw on the easier course played better than a player who beat someone by one throw on a higher SSA course.

Example: In the first round, Player A shoots 45 on a low SSA course and Player B shoots 50. Then in round 2 on a higher SSA course, Player A shoots 65 and player B shoots 60. They've both shot 110 and are tied on score. The reality is that Player A shot a little better overall and that will be reflected in their round ratings.

Comment

I wouldn't mind going to USDGC...!!

My vote would be for Dion to go since I probably can't...

Comment

I don't see that it matter whether you use scores or round ratings. The same criteria applies to everyone, right? Everyone would have the opportunity to play the same three events, right?

Comment

My suggestion would be to use total score as Magilla proposed and only use average round ratings in the event the players are tied and use it as the tiebreaker. Even with slight differences in round ratings between courses, a player who beats another player by one throw over three events will still have a better round rating average. It's only when their total scores are tied that ratings will make a difference unless they tied every round in all three events.
            Last edited by Chuck Kennedy; March 12th, 2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

HOODOO? What happened to the Hyzer Pines event? I hope we still get to play that awesome course! Please Magilla. Pretty please
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                HOODOO? What happened to the Hyzer Pines event? I hope we still get to play that awesome course! Please Magilla. Pretty please
                DOH! Where have you been?

We had always intended to play HooDoo as well as Sisters this year BUT decided to go to HooDoo exclusively with its inclusion in the "King of the Mountain"

We feel that the 2 are just 2 far apart to have both....Camping and Tourney Central would have been at HooDoo anyway.

There WILL be events at Hyzer Pines...
                See www.centraloregondiscgolf.com for info

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                  I plan on qualifying this year dammit (Masters Cup or Beaver State Fling)! Otherwise, you can count me in for the competiton. God forbid I don't qualify or something, i still plan on traveling to USDGC for monday qualifying or Caddying for Nate! South Carolina or BUST!
                  I don't have a way to even consider qualifying without traveling back down south!!! I am probably going just to go!!
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                    I don't have a way to even consider qualifying without traveling back down south!!! I am probably going just to go!!
                    Alaska has a spot...Why cant you go for that one??

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                      Alaska has a spot...Why cant you go for that one??
                      Yeah, just ask that one other dude who plays if you can go this year
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Jeff, you need to read your old PDGA magazines. I remember reading one which talked about these bad@$$es playing in the worst of weather. Can you imagine playing an Ice Bowl in Fairbanks, Alaska? The thought makes me want to cry a little...
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yeah, I know. I'm just tossing him some crap. I know another disc golfer from Alaska, and he surprised me when he mentioned they really do have a "scene" up there. It's just a cold one

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Jeff, you need to read your old PDGA magazines. I remember reading one which talked about these bad@$$es playing in the worst of weather. Can you imagine playing an Ice Bowl in Fairbanks, Alaska? The thought makes me want to cry a little...
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                            Yeah, just ask that one other dude who plays if you can go this year

LOL!!!!! It was promised to someone this year... The new AK Coordinator will be giving it out based on AK State Championships from now on though!!

So we are just a little more hardcore up here!! You really have to be afraid of your plastic when the temp is -10 with a windchill of -35 There are only about 6 of us in town who play during the winter. You will see others out occasionally, but not very often!!!!
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                              So we are just a little more hardcore up here!! You really have to be afraid of your plastic when the temp is -10 with a windchill of -35 There are only about 6 of us in town who play during the winter. You will see others out occasionally, but not very often!!!!
                              Wow! I don't like to golf under 42 degrees (including windchill). What type of winter gear do you guys wear?
                              "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                                Wow! I don't like to golf under 42 degrees (including windchill). What type of winter gear do you guys wear?
                                Under 42!!! I would only be golfing for 2 months a year I wear 400 weight insulated boots, expedition weight long john bottoms, Gore-Tex Snowboard pants, Heavy weight compressions shirt, heavy weight Fleece, gloves and a beannie. That does me fine till about 5 degrees. Then I have to add another midweight fleece. If it is windy ( above 30 MPH or so ) I add a softsheel or Gore-Tex hardshell to cut the wind!! Doesn't that sound like fun to play in

Albert Einstein

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X