Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm that a nutella lid, at 2.1 cm tall and 8.1 cm in diameter, falls well within the parameters of the pdga's standards for a mini marker disc. I've had an ongoing friendly discussion with Dan Huckins up at North Park about the veracity of my use of the nutella lid as a marker. Dan argues that the spirit of the mini marker disc is that it is manufactured as a miniature copy of a regular golf disc and that only those discs are legal for use. My argument is that since there is no technical standard for minis that needs to met (other than the size requirements) and there is no official approval process for minis by the pdga then any disc that is round and has a continuous radius is fine for tournament play. I saw Dan up at North Park today during the monthly acepot and I'm happy to report that his rigid view on this particular subject seems to be bending a little. I still haven't seen him mark his lie using the nutella lid that I customized and gave to him...yet.

On a related note... have you ever noticed that when someone in your group has forgotten to bring a mini and you loan them one for the round, you never seem to remember to get your mini back when the round is over? I always try to have a cheap plastic lid in my bag (ex. pringles etc.) that I can loan out and not care if I get it back or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
      On a related note... have you ever noticed that when someone in your group has forgotten to bring a mini and you loan them one for the round, you never seem to remember to get your mini back when the round is over? I always try to have a cheap plastic lid in my bag (ex. pringles etc.) that I can loan out and not care if I get it back or not.
      This is very true... I've had TD Tom's mini since January or so playing Team Disc Golf... I'll see you sometime TD!

Comment

I've noticed that no one ever seems to beat me that round if they borrow a spare mini from me. Special powers?

Comment

I always give mine away to kids on the course to help the reputation of the sport.
          www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
            I've noticed that no one ever seems to beat me that round if they borrow a spare mini from me. Special powers?
            Now if we could only ID the magic mini?

Kinda like "as soon as you let the putt go, you know it's short".

Now "if I could only know that before I let it go".
            rewindb.com

Comment

It would be fun to have driver and midrange molds made into minis... First Run proto stamp Roc & Destroyer minis would sell like hot cakes.
              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; April 21st, 2013, 11:40 PM.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X