X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Markers

I was wondering if there is any rules on what kind of marker you can or cannot use?
    www.rewindb.com

From my google search:

A. mini marker discs shall be used to mark a players lie as required by these rules. Mini marker discs must have a diameter of between 7 and 15 centimeters and a height not exceeding 3 centimeters.

7cm=2,3/4 inch
    15cm=5,7/8 inch
    3cm=1.18 inch

any mini falling into these guidlines is considered legal for use in marking your lie.

I have heard a lot of people and I tend to agree that since it says "diameter" that the spirit of the rule is your mini should be round.
    Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
    Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

not even so much the "spirit," yo... i mean, it specifically says it must have a diameter... and, i'm no math major and admittedly cheated my way thru my AP geometry class, but i think a thing HAS to be round in order for it to have a diameter, right?
      "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
      Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Whoops! The RC forgot to include a version of 802.02 cited above from the old rulebook into the new one for 2013. The new rulebook does refer to the PDGA Technical Standards but it has never included specs for minis. So in theory, you can use any "small disc" per the Definition section 800.02 of the new rulebook until the RC patches this up with an "emergency" QA. Otherwise, the previous definition is sufficient. BTW, a regulation hockey puck makes a nice legal mini in the winter - easy to see in snow and won't blow away.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
          Whoops! The RC forgot to include a version of 802.02 cited above from the old rulebook into the new one for 2013. The new rulebook does refer to the PDGA Technical Standards but it has never included specs for minis. So in theory, you can use any "small disc" per the Definition section 800.02 of the new rulebook until the RC patches this up with an "emergency" QA. Otherwise, the previous definition is sufficient. BTW, a regulation hockey puck makes a nice legal mini in the winter - easy to see in snow and won't blow away.

hmmm, a puck is also a good object to help retrieve discs from trees, etc...
          #twobirdswithonepuck

Comment

Can you use a can of dip?

Comment

You can use the can, but you can't use the lid by itself, if I recall correctly.
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

As Edge can tell y'all, a Nutella jar top makes for a tasty marker.
                Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

How about a Mardi Gras doubloon? Too small?

Comment

oh yeah!

Originally posted by Blattz5 View Post
                    Can you use a can of dip?
                    back when the above "old" rule was "the" rule i called Cristy Bellinger on using his can of copenhagen and when i produced my ruler the can was just over 3 cms tall and he had to use something else. i got all in his head and crushed him that round ...good times !

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Beer at tournaments?

Marshall Street sent out their newsletter and it states that with Pabst sponsoring the PDGA Tour that drinking beer during a PDGA round will be legal.

Any truth to this?
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Don't let the east coast pukes fool you this day...

Comment

Well, maybe they'll just sponsor sanctioned leagues where the PDGA Competition Manual does not necessarily apply unless the League Director says all of its provisions will be enforced.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                            Don't let the east coast pukes fool you this day...
                            Yep they got me good. As a TD all I could see was new problems all around. Didn't realize it was April Fool's Day.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                              Yep they got me good. As a TD all I could see was new problems all around. Didn't realize it was April Fool's Day.
                              I knew you we're born on Saturday Bob.... I didn't realize it was last Saturday!
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X